Tanglwood Ski Area
|Vertical drop:||415 feet|
|Longest run:||0.75 miles|
A small ski area in the Poconos, Tanglwood caters mostly to families. Tanglwood is an “inverted” resort, with the lodge located at the top of the mountain. Two double lifts and one beginner tow service skiers and snowboarders, while another tow lifts services Tanglwood’s snow tubing area. Tanglwood offers night skiing on certain nights of the week. Tanglwood has been in operation for more than forty years.
Note: Tanglwood was not open for the 2007-2008 winter season. Over the summer of 2008, new owners purchased Tanglwood, and re-opened the area for the 2008-2009 winter season. However, Tanglwood was once again closed for the 2010-2011 winter season.
November, 2011 update: As of November 12, 2011, it appears unlikely that Tanglwood will open for the 2011-2012 winter season. DCSki has been unable to reach Tanglwood’s web site, and readers report that the ski area once again changed hands in the fall of 2011. Before making a trip, please contact the resort to verify operating conditions.
Getting to Tanglwood Ski Area
|Wind Speed:||14 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Snow conditions currently unavailable.
News about Tanglwood
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
- March 20, 2007 - The season isn’t over - far from it. Thanks to a dumping of natural snow this past weekend, many mid-Atlantic ski areas are in prime form as the end of March nears. A few resorts have thrown in the towel, but the majority of mid-Atlantic resorts will remain open through this weekend, with some aiming to stay open until April 1 or later. DCSki provides a complete roundup as of March 20, 2007.
- December 7, 2006 - Low temperatures in early December have allowed mid-Atlantic ski resorts to fire up the guns and prepare for their season openings. This detailed story provides opening plans for over 30 resorts in the mid-Atlantic region.
- November 12, 2006 - DCSki has added coverage of Pennsylvania’s Tanglwood Ski Area. The Poconos ski area has a vertical of 415 feet and 8 trails. DCSki now offers a detailed Resort Profile for Tanglwood and will cover news, events, and bargains related to the ski area.
No future events at this time.
Forum Topics Related to Tanglwood
Updated 5 years ago by comprex