Montage Mountain Resort
|Vertical drop:||1,000 feet|
|Longest run:||1.2 miles|
In November, 2006, Montage Mountain was purchased by a Philadelphia-based firm and changed its name to Sno Mountain. Montage was previously owned by Lackawanna County. The newly-named Sno Mountain opened for the 2006-2007 winter season in mid-December, 2006, with 193 new snowguns.
In the past, Montage Mountain was known for its good snowmaking and being generally less crowded than other Poconos resorts. The resort has been popular with upper intermediate and advanced skiers, with plenty of steeps to challenge both and a respectable 1,000-foot vertical. The layout of the mountain is naturally separated by ability level. Snowboarders and skiers are also well served by an extensive terrain park.
Sno Mountain also has a tubing park.
Ad: Seat Hoody
Getting to Montage Mountain Resort
|Wind Speed:||5 mph|
Weather supplied by the National Weather Service. Errors or reporting delays may be possible.
Snow conditions currently unavailable.
News about Montage Mountain
- March 17, 2008 - Spring is a mixed blessing: Mid-Atlantic resorts begin to close one by one, but the weather is nice and the rates can’t be beat. DCSki provides a detailed look at the current operating status of Mid-Atlantic ski areas.
- February 22, 2008 - During January, DCSki asked its readers to complete a survey, ranking Mid-Atlantic ski areas in a number of categories. Over 100 readers filled out this detailed survey, providing a measurement of what local resorts are doing well, and what they could be doing better. We also asked readers to cast a critical eye on DCSki itself. The results are in, so kick back, relax, and see if you agree with readers’ picks for best resort in various categories.
- March 20, 2007 - The season isn’t over - far from it. Thanks to a dumping of natural snow this past weekend, many mid-Atlantic ski areas are in prime form as the end of March nears. A few resorts have thrown in the towel, but the majority of mid-Atlantic resorts will remain open through this weekend, with some aiming to stay open until April 1 or later. DCSki provides a complete roundup as of March 20, 2007.
- January 1, 2007 - We look back on the 20 most popular articles published on DCSki during 2006, starting with the most-read story.
- December 7, 2006 - Low temperatures in early December have allowed mid-Atlantic ski resorts to fire up the guns and prepare for their season openings. This detailed story provides opening plans for over 30 resorts in the mid-Atlantic region.
No future events at this time.
Montage Mountain Webcams
Forum Topics Related to Montage Mountain
Updated 11 years ago by Ullr
Updated 12 years ago by JimK
Updated 12 years ago by JohnL
Updated 14 years ago by canaanman