Snowmaking in Nov 2019
7 posts
3 users
1k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

So Snowshoe started snowmaking back in late October.  7S and HV started last week.

Massanutten turned on all the fan guns last night.  And they were still blasting at 8am this morning when temps were still in the mid-20s.

Cataloochee and Sugar not only started snowmaking over a week ago, they are both open for skiing today!

Where else are snowguns already on . . . and not just for testing?

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

Published earlier right here: Snowmaking Begins at Seven Springs and Hidden Valley Resorts

Several places in the Poconos have started as well.

Further afield: CATALOOCHEE AND SUGAR MOUNTAIN OPEN FOR SATURDAY SKIING & SNOWBOARDING

I'm starting to get excited for what my non-winter-loving friend calls "wind-blasted frozen hellscape" season. Did I get my 11 y/o to join me in wall-sits this morning? Yes. I am drafting my annual commuter skier post too. 

Hopefully, I'll get out more than last year.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
3,246 posts

wfyurasko wrote:

I'm starting to get excited for what my non-winter-loving friend calls "wind-blasted frozen hellscape" season. Did I get my 11 y/o to join me in wall-sits this morning? Yes. I am drafting my annual commuter skier post too. 

Hope to meet up with you at Massanutten.  I'll be there more in January than recent years.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
3,246 posts

Hadn't realized that the Basin webcam at Snowshoe pans for multiple views.  More interesting right now since not all the trails are white yet.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/snowshoe-basin/

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
3,246 posts

Hadn't realized that the Basin webcam at Snowshoe pans for multiple views.  More interesting right now since not all the trails are white yet.

http://www.resortcams.com/webcams/snowshoe-basin/

padjaski68
November 9, 2019
Member since 01/21/2016 🔗
95 posts

Has Snowshoe always tried to have terrain open at Silver Creek for opening day? I was surprised to see that they are still blowing as of 3:20pm while the guns are off at Snowshoe.

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2019
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

marzNC wrote:

wfyurasko wrote:

Hope to meet up with you at Massanutten.  I'll be there more in January than recent years.

If they can get the black diamonds open at the right time, I’m aiming to be there. I’m not tied down by the PA Ski Pass this season since my oldest aged out of it.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?