Pictures
9 posts
7 users
5k+ views
David
October 29, 2004
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I have seen pictures in a person's forum reply before. Can/how do I do that with a picture saved on my pc??
SCWVA
August 8, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Scott,

My Wife just took our digital camera to COSTCO to print out the 500+ pictures that were on our digital camera and I noticed that there were some good skiing pictures that I might want to post.

How do you post pictures on the forum?
jimmy
August 8, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
The short answer is they have to be hosted somewhere else.

Quote:

answered question

Here's a good one to add to Q&A

shearer519
August 8, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
The first thing you have to do to post pictures is to find an image host. I have tried a few different programs but have never found one I am happy with. The two that I like the most are Yahoo Photos and Webshots. Yahoo offers unlimited photo uploads but limits the viewable size of the photo and you cant link to the photo to show up directly in a post, you can only link to the yahoo site. Webshots is just the opposite. You can get a big viewable image and link the photo directly to the post. However there is a limited amount of space you can use and in order to upload multiple images at a time you have to download their software.

After you get you images uploaded you have two ways to post the image. The first method is to link to the site they are hosted on. To do this copy the hyperlink and go to the forum post page. Find the block labeled Instant UBB code and click on URL. A window will pop up and all you need to do is paste the link you posted into that window.

The Second method to post a image is to make it so it shows up directly in the post. To do this you need to first copy the URL of the remotely hosted image (can't do this in Yahoo). The easiest way to get the image URL is to right click on the image and select "Copy Image Location." Now go back to the forum post page and under the Instant UBB Code section select Image. Paste the URL you just copied into the box and your done.
SCWVA
August 11, 2005
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Thanks for the help. I just signed up on Webshots. Hopefully, I'll get to post some pictures soon.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 26, 2006
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!
therusty
March 9, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
this was done using the UBB image approach

If you right click - properties ; you can see the URL that I pasted in between the image tag.
danielle
June 7, 2006
Member since 05/17/2004 🔗
10 posts
Is there a way to get a picture to appear with each post below your user name, like where the DCSki Supporter Logo appears in your posts?
therusty
June 8, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
Yeah - I suppose if you hacked the supporter logo that would do it. Otherwise, it looks like this forum software does not support that feature.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.