Navigating Message Forum
2 posts
2 users
DWW
September 22, 2004
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
144 posts
Scott - Why are there so many duplicate postings under "Recent Posts in the Message Forum"? It seems to me that related posts/discussions used to be linked under one listing/heading. Is this the best place to monitor the discussions? Thanks
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 22, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Scott - Why are there so many duplicate postings under "Recent Posts in the Message Forum"? It seems to me that related posts/discussions used to be linked under one listing/heading. Is this the best place to monitor the discussions? Thanks

With DCSki's old message forum software, I had written code to extract "collapsed" threads to display on the Recent Posts section. It's a bit harder to do this with the new message forum software, although in general the new software is much more flexible. I don't like that duplicate postings are listed under Recent Posts (even though they are separate postings -- many are part of the same thread), so when I get a chance I'll try and write some code that does something more intelligent with that.

When you go to the Message Forums, there are some links towards the center bottom of the page to view recent messages from past 24 hours, past 48 hours, etc. But those options suffer from the same problem.

- Scott

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?