Okemo and Killington
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
shearer519
September 13, 2004
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
Ok here are a few pictures from a trip I took last winter to Vermont. Most of the pictures are of Okemo because the day I skied Killington it was -15 and I didn't feel like removing my gloves that much to take pics. I named the trail when I could but a lot of them look the same so I didn't get them all. I also have to apologize for the quality of some of the pictures, my digital camera can be very moody sometimes it takes amazing pictures and sometimes it takes horrible ones.

http://community.webshots.com/album/187330528TyYduy
JimK - DCSki Columnist
September 13, 2004
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Way to go shearer159. I've been to about 50 ski areas, but Okemo is not one of them. You got me there. Supposed to have tons of nice groomers.
Know what you mean about cold temps and digital cams. Lithium batteries made a big difference for me and my older HP model.
I liked that shot of Outer Limits. I skied it the first season Bear Mtn was open in 1980. At this point, the tamer version in your photo without many bumps would be more to my liking.
Sometime I'll have to post some photos of ridiculous '70s ski outfits, got lots of those. LOL
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
September 13, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Those Okemo shots are a real treat! Thanks. It's going to take effort to convince my wife to go to New England again (except Stowe), but those Okemo shots might push her to try just one more NE venue.
SCWVA
September 15, 2004
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I've skied Okemo on 15+ occasions. They have the one of the best snow making systems around. Okemo has tons of ski in/out lodging options and is only an 8 1/2 hour drive from NOVA. They don't have a ton of steep terrain, but they actually make snow on some of their gladed trails. Lots of long groomers and bump runs. I'd choose Okemo over Killington any day. I've skied Killington on at least 20 occassions.
EasternSkiBum
September 18, 2004
Member since 08/20/2004 🔗
68 posts
Forget the long drive. This year we're flying up cheap and splitting a rental car a couple/few ways. Cheap flights to "Burlington and Albany from Dulles, and Albany from BWI.

Actually I've never skied Okemo, but have friends who do and love it. K'mart.... that's for training in Dec. Love the terrain, but sometimes the evironment gets well... interesting.

Nice pics

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?