Let's Get This Board Rocking!
10 posts
7 users
3k+ views
ishaffer
December 29, 1999
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
14 posts
Hey guys. I just found the DC Ski Board.

I've been on the vwVortex UBB for some time, and it rocks! They are up to 5000 members now. Lots of great discussion and info for the VW enthusiast, and even the casual car enthusiast.

I'm going to do my best to get this place jamming. I visit about 5 or 6 other UBB sites, and I will tell [i]everyone[/i] about DC Ski.

chuckie
December 29, 1999
77 posts
It's that time of the season for SNOWBOARDERS to represent!
ishaffer
January 5, 2000
14 posts
Boy are we rocking or what?

I can hardly contain my enthusiasm with all the wild and crazy discussions going on.

Sorry about the sarcasm.

Where are the discussions though? This is a discussion board, isn't it?

Come on guys, yak it up a bit........

Hutch
January 5, 2000
Member since 01/5/2000 🔗
1 posts
It's me. I'm here now (thanks to Ian...). I love to ski...
Langebanger
January 5, 2000
Member since 01/5/2000 🔗
8 posts
Ya, it's me. I'm here too. I love to skee also! How goes it Hutch and Ian! I don't think my screen name would fit in well here, so I changed it. BTW, this is Tony. Remember me?

See ya!

ishaffer
January 6, 2000
14 posts
Hey guys, how's it hangin'?

Glad you came by. Put this place on your list, and hopefully we'll have all sorts of cool crap going on here.

snobrdr
February 10, 2000
Member since 02/4/2000 🔗
11 posts
Hey There!!!!! I pretty new to the winter sports scene! I learned to Snow Board last February, and I can't get enough of it!! I've gone seven (7) times this season and have loved ever bit of it. What's really amazing is I'm 34 years old and never been on a slope! Is anybody going to Canaan / Timberline over Presidents Weekend, I'm looking to get a bunch a people together at the Timberline Pub Friday / Saturday night to
for a "DCSki" party!!! Anybody interested??
Jim
February 11, 2000
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Hey! Wish I could go with you guys. Sounds like fun. Word of caution - watch out for the Timberline patrol. They are a little overzealous. I got reamed by two of them a while back for wearing headphones while skiing. They didn't care that I could hear just fine even with the music on - and quite frankly, they were pretty rude to me. I really haven't been back since. IMHO, there are plenty of other places to ski/board. Don't know how they would treat boarders.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 11, 2000
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
The strict Timberline patrol got me once too about 3 or 4 years ago, skied a closed trail that had 6" of powder on it (it was parallel and right next to an open scraped-off trail), they pulled my tic, undeniably I was in the wrong. It was 1st day of multiday tic and I had to plead the next morning to get it back, but all's well that ended well, got some good skiing that trip.

Here's an interesting subtopic: which local areas do boarders prefer because of trail layout, parks/hits offered, etc?

Bonus Boarder Story:
I'm a skier, but one time about 15 years ago when snowboarding was young I saw an old man on a board off-load from a lift at the top of Stratton Mtn, Vermont. He was about 60 and had snow white hair. He was a wirey little guy and as he got off the lift and flopped on the ground to get his boots locked into the board I was impressed with how limber this guy was. Then he rocketed down the mtn and left me in his dust. I've often wondered who this pioneering old boarder could have been? Someone told me that Jake Burton's board factory is near Stratton and that the whole central Vt area around Manchester is one of the cradles of boarding. Maybe that guy was Grandpa Burton?

snobrdr
February 11, 2000
Member since 02/4/2000 🔗
11 posts
I'm more of a cruiser type, but I still learning the fundementals of control. Two weeks ago at Canaan I was riding black diamonds for the first time. There is nothing better than riding an expert trail with confidence for the first time!!!! I have been to SnowShoe, Timberline, Whitetail, and Canaan this year, the best all around has been Canaan. I'm only considering slope selection and conditions in this opinion. So any takers for the party at Timberline Pub next weekend???

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.