Snowstorm!
7 posts
3 users
danwxman
January 17, 2004
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
58 posts
Another snowstorm this weekend will give many resorts some fresh natural snow Sat night into Sunday...

The winners: Poconos, Roundtop/Liberty/Whitetail

The losers: WV/MD

One negative about resorts west of the Allegheny front is they are always open to warm air from the west, and that will happen with this storm bringing mostly rain or freezing rain to a good part of WV...Wisp will start as snow but change to sleet/freezing rain..Laurel Highlands will start as snow, but mix with sleet/freezing rain, accumulations 4-6"..BK should stay all snow, accumulations around 6"

Into Eastern PA it will be all snow, possibly mixing with sleet/freezing rain at Whitetail and Liberty. Accumulations will be 5-7" from Roundtop NEward.

(Anonymous)
January 17, 2004
Its been snowing pretty good Up at canaan since 1145am.Temp holding steady around freezing.I think snowshoe was to south to get snow,but that will change early tomorrow.I'm hoping canaan can trick the f-cast once again!!
(Anonymous)
January 18, 2004
Nope, its raining in Canaan this morning. Wet snow most of yesterday though. Oh well, win some, lose some.
(Anonymous)
January 18, 2004
cold air is right around the corner.
(Anonymous)
January 18, 2004
& now the snow with it! looks like it is dumping at cv
VTSkibum
January 18, 2004
Member since 01/18/2004 🔗
11 posts
I'm not sure any people can effectively predict mothernature in this region, because yesterday I saw some snow in the air in the Snowshoe basin, although we had a wet night the temperatures are back down where they should be and we're getting some more snow.
Enough for the plows to be back on the road.
danwxman
January 18, 2004
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
58 posts
A few inches of upslope snow tonight and tomorrow in the favored areas.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.