The big question: Who will get the most snow this weekend?
8 posts
4 users
powderpig
December 5, 2003
Member since 12/5/2003 🔗
63 posts
Im betting on Seven Springs, from looking at the storm models it looks like Snowshoe is going to be on the south end of this second, midwestern front. Looks like the Laurel Highlands will be right smack in the middle of it. Plus lift tickets are only $25 according to the web site. Also, the Super 8 in Somerset has $40 rooms. Im heading up tonight and planning to ski open to close tomorrow. If anyone is planning on being up there drop me an email, Ill be flying solo. jersfriend@yahoo.com
(Anonymous)
December 5, 2003
I will be there both days this weekend!!! Should be good!
gatkinso
December 5, 2003
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
I will be there too look for the Man in Black.

What are the hopes for Giant Steps being open? I guess we have to wait for anything on the North Face at all. It would be nice to ski Giant Steps as I love that trail and I am not a 7S regular, but oh well.

powderpig
December 5, 2003
Member since 12/5/2003 🔗
63 posts
If they get a good dumping who knows what might open. I know 12 inches of wet freshies would probably settle into a decent 6-8 inch base. I guess then its a matter of how rocky things are and what is required for coverage.
danwxman
December 5, 2003
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
58 posts
As of 9PM....Wisp only has 3"!! Laurels only have slightly more, not sure about WV mtns....Liberty/Roundtop have about 7-8", with about 12" likely at the end. Believe it or not, they may be the winners! How many snowstorms do they get 3 times as much as Wisp?!
(Anonymous)
December 5, 2003
I am at Seven Springs right now. I was on the mountain earlier and there was probably 8 inches or so. The weather report says that the heavy snow will be between 10 and 2 with a total from the storm 16 - 20.
danwxman
December 5, 2003
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
58 posts
Thanks for correcting me, I have a friend in Westmoreland county saying 4"...Wisp I know for a fact though, a friend who lives at Deep Creek Lake is telling me 3" as of 9PM...The winner here will be in PA...Either in the Laurels or Poconos.
danwxman
December 5, 2003
Member since 03/7/2004 🔗
58 posts
BTW, weather report for Springs says localized amounts up to 12" total...That will probably be the highest elevations like 7 Springs.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?