Upgrading to shaped ski...size question
3 posts
2 users
3k+ views
2 users
3k+ views
I'm finally looking to upgrade from my ancient K2 Extreme's 8.3 (size 190) skies to a newer K2 shaped ski. I'm a higher-end intermediate to advanced skier who likes to cruise on the blues but also dabbles in the glades and on the single diamonds. I'm 5'10" 200Lbs and in the middle of a life style change working my weight BACK DOWN to 175-180Lbs. I'm currently looking at a pair of used K2 MOD X skies (size 167) with Salomon S912 bindings. Would these skies be too short for me? Any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Greg
Greg
As far as the length goes, 167 is not too short. In fact, it may be just right.
I have never skied that model so I couldn't give advice on that. However, if you've never skied on shaped skis, you may want to rent for a while. I am the same size and I ski 177 most of the time. When I switched to shaped, I started with the 167, moved through to 187, and finally settled on the 177.

