Backyard skiing/boarding?
3 posts
2 users
bawalker
December 19, 2009
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
***NEWS FLASH*** Lost City Ski and Snowboard park is now open. We have a 6" packed powder base with 16-20" of unpacked/groomed powder off to the sides of the trail. Upto 100yrd length of a green trail is open. Glade skiing and boarding is available and any park items is what you find and can make. Sorry no using the car as a rail or box.

Ok, so I admit, I couldn't make it to Timberline in advance so I had to make a small little ski trail. smile I'm curious, with such a big dump, did anyone else get the opportunity to create a backyard trail using a hill, driveway, or anything else?

fishnski
December 19, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Looks like you have a nice Camp there Baywalker!..Who the heck packed that run..YOU?..Thanks for "On my Rear end" viewing!...Scootertig posted another one like yours..only more urbanite!
bawalker
December 19, 2009
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
That above is the driveway! Actually what was left was several inches of packed snow after a relative was snowblowing the majority of it off. He didn't want the skids on the blower to touch the ground for fear of scratching it up so it setup a few inches. The wheels and walking packed it GOOD.

Where the driveway turns and I'm riding in that single lane... I did indeed pack that. Talk about a workout!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.