Walk-EZ
19 posts
9 users
9k+ views
snow.buck
December 12, 2009
Member since 12/12/2009 🔗
202 posts
This is the most revolutionary product to hit ski boots and I think they went out of business(?). Easy to clip on and I could actually jog in my boots with these on. Stairs a breeze up & down. Any idea where to get another pair?
Jim
December 12, 2009
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Ebay sometimes has them, but rarely. Most often they have junior sets (for kids). Unfortunately, they did go out of business. Rumor was squabbles between the principals. Wish they were still around, because I would've tried a pair!
Otto
December 12, 2009
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
The "saved search" feature on ebay is your friend. Persistence and patience got me a pair last spring.
skier219
December 12, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
You could save time/money and just tape a "dork" sign to your ski coat!

(Yes, I am kidding. A little.)
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
RodSmith
December 12, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Some of the top US skiers endorsed that product. Skier219 was not one of them. smile
snow.buck
December 14, 2009
202 posts
Not one to "endorse" or not one of the top skiers? LOL
Thanx Jim/Otto - GOT THEM on eBay.
While others are clomping and slipping & slidin', I comfortably jog past them in these. It's all in the rubber/convex sole. And, as easy to put on as slip-on shoes! I wacked mine on a wall to knock off snow, but was holding the TOE, so broke the back latch! DOH!
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 14, 2009
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Another way to go is to switch to Alpine Touring boots. After years of telemarking I can't stand alpine boots any more. Got rid of my Lange torture devices several years ago and have since been using AT boots for my alpine skiing. They are far more comfortable and just as powerful skiing, at least at my level, not a World Cup racer. I use them with Marker bindings. No shop will work on that combination but the Markers toe release function is inhibited minimally, if at all, by the lug sole. Have been setting bindings myself since my recreational racing days. The Dynafit boots I use have good side to side stiffness and a soft but nicely progressive resistance to forward flex that I really like. Many recreational skiers are on boots with a too stiff forward flex that puts them in the back seat.
skier219
December 14, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Originally Posted By: snow.buck
Not one to "endorse" or not one of the top skiers? LOL

That would be a "YES" wink
comprex
December 14, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Originally Posted By: skier219

Otto
December 19, 2009
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
Quote:

I could. I could also think about preserving my $500 boots and all the time and money that went into making them work right for me. After that, I am not articulate enough to fully express my indifference to whether I look like a dork.
snow.buck
December 19, 2009
202 posts
I'd like to challenge those that think I'm a dork to a foot race: across the parking lot...up & down long flights of stairs...off-piste...and see who is clomping along with sore feet & ankles, looking like a dork! LOL I'm buying up the Walk-EZ I see on eBay for resale later. Otto is right - take a look at the wornout boots of those non-Walk-EZ'ers. My boot toes & heels look as sharp as new.
comprex
December 22, 2009
1,326 posts

We should get our local ski company to make us some.
Jim
December 22, 2009
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
I typically think of Otto as a "dork" but not because of his Walk-eze! grin grin grin

(yes, I know I'm going to pay for that one!!).
JohnL
December 23, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
I'd like to challenge those that think I'm a dork to a foot race: across the parking lot...up & down long flights of stairs...off-piste...and see who is clomping along with sore feet & ankles, looking like a dork!

Have you used them on boot pack hikes in challenging terrain? I can see how gear like that would be very useful for parking lots, etc., but I'm not certain I'd want something on the bottom of my boots when I'm digging my steps into the snow on a challenging boot pack. One slip, and you could hurt yourself.
snow.buck
December 28, 2009
202 posts
They are only intended to get you comfortably from the condo or parking lot, up & down steps, to the slopes. As soon as I step on the snow, lock them to a tree or something.
comprex
December 28, 2009
1,326 posts
Originally Posted By: JohnL
but I'm not certain I'd want something on the bottom of my boots when I'm digging my steps into the snow on a challenging boot pack.

Dood. I think you have that the wrong way 'round

Dan B
December 6, 2010
Member since 12/6/2010 🔗
1 posts
If you want to see the Walk-EZ back in production, become a fan of this facebook page - we're trying to bring them back!

Walk-EZ on Facebook

thanks -
Dan
comprex
December 6, 2010
1,326 posts
Any idea on specifically why they went out of production?
snow.buck
December 15, 2010
202 posts
Used them at Snowshoe this weekend. It's a good walk to the Village, AND up 80 steps. A breeze in these...close to impossible in just ski boots. I can easily jog up or down stairs in them.

I heard the two owners of the company got into some sort of disagreement and shut it down years ago. Don't know why someone didn't pick the product production up!?!? Some sort of patent issue maybe??? The convex sole makes it (walking) all happen.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.