TR Kreischberg Austria
4 posts
3 users
GRK
December 6, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Finally...managed to sneak in a Ski Day on a business trip (Don't tell my boss!) Meanwhile hopefully you will have snow for me when I get back home!

I was in Hungary and some Hungarian friends and I made the 4 hour drive to the closest Alpine resort with decent snow. This place is about 2 hours West of Vienna. We had a great time and I enjoyed soaking up the Austrian ski culture. This is not a destination resort...it is not that big, maybe about the size of Wisp but higher longer trails topping out at 6400 feet. So what we got were mostly locals which was totally cool.

They had quite a few very long T-Bars with a few chairs and a couple of Gondalas thrown in. They use a magnetic ski pass system which was new to me but I liked it.

The trails, (Blue, Red, Black) seemed a little steeper than what I have experienced in the US but not so much.

The beer and wine (hot wine) were flowing freely, the snowboarders sat down on the SIDE of the trail, and every kid looked like they were trying to be a racer. Gaper ratio was very low. Heres a couple pics

GGNagy
December 7, 2009
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
Nagy síelésre!
GRK
December 7, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
igen, a síelés nagyon j volt!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 7, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Dang. Wisp just got the best compliment they've ever received! Looks like very good early season snow cover on higher elevations. For only being 6-7 thousand feet tall those mountains sure look good.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?