Them who lurk
23 posts
12 users
6k+ views
kwillg6
November 12, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
Over the years of being a regular on this forum, I have had aquaintances and friends who tell me that they read the forms all the time and there is some good stuff on them. NOWI want to encourage a few of them to come out of the woods and join us. What say Uncle Fred? I know you're out there! ;)And the rest of you.... what are you waiting for... the second coming?
Leo
November 12, 2009
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
358 posts
Them who lurk...

Kind of reminds me of Those We Do Not Speak Of.

I agree with kwillg6...why lurk? Join us. The more the merrier.
Clay
November 12, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
What if they don't have anything to say?
kwillg6
November 12, 2009
2,070 posts
Uh Huh. They should at least say an occasional "howdy!" I guess we neeed to really spike their interest to get them to come into the light.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
MephitBlue
November 12, 2009
Member since 11/8/2009 🔗
181 posts
Okay Howdy!

I was a lurker for awhile, but it was more cause I couldn't figure out how to register than not having anything to say. I tried a couple of times to register with my gmail account and never received an email to finish the registration process or a message that gmail isn't allowed. I finally tried a different email address and I was able to register.
David
November 12, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Welcome to DCSki. It's nice to have you!

My only advice, don't listen to Andy. He's crazy...
fishnski
November 12, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Yeh..I agree with David. Andy is a non skiin,talk shitten farten(Remember Ibottas buddy?)..mo fo...Welcome aboard Matey..
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 12, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome aboard, MephiteBlue! I checked your profile and noticed you spared us any details about yourself, such as:
where from, married?, family ski?, ski or board?, your on slope interests?, where do you slide?, etc. Tell us a bit about yourself.
And WELCOME TO DC SKI!!!
The Colonel smile
MephitBlue
November 12, 2009
Member since 11/8/2009 🔗
181 posts
Thanks for the welcome.

I filled in a bit of my profile, but I'll put more right here.

I'm married, but unfortunately my wife doesn't ski. I ski, don't board, but may try it some day. I live out in Reston Virginia.

As for where I slide, well I learned to ski at Roundtop when I was growing up in PA. I now ski the local slopes, mostly Liberty, but will stray out to Wisp or some of the other places once in awhile. I actually took a break from skiing from several years, but plan on taking it back up this year and already have a vacation planned for the Poconos in January. Skied out West once and would love to do it again, but that will probably have to wait till next ski season.

Off the slopes I'm into music and play guitar in a local band, I'm also into photography and some other geeky activities such as watching anime, playing video games and things like that.

Since my wife doesn't ski, I'll be looking for people to hit the slopes with. So thanks again for the welcome and hope to see some of you guys out on the slopes.
GRK
November 12, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Welcome...
queenoftheslopes
November 12, 2009
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
I guess I am a lurker now since I check in to see what is going on every now and again. Back in DC for the week and was thinking about this forum.

Hope all is going well! A few weeks left until the season startsQ!
kwillg6
November 13, 2009
2,070 posts
And clay questioned why I asked... welcome! We want more of you lurkers to join us in our passion. Come on I know you are out there..... uncle Fred, u there?
zooman
November 13, 2009
Member since 01/21/2008 🔗
24 posts
I confess. I`m a lurker although a registered lurker.Can someone tell what exactly is an online spider?If I`m one of those,I`d like to know so I can hide the can of Raid from my wife.
Clay
November 13, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I didn't question why you asked - I asked why should someone post if they didn't have anything to say?

Zooman, a spider is a web-based program that "crawls" the web (get it - spider/web) usually cataloging websites for search engines.
kwillg6
November 13, 2009
2,070 posts
Hey zooman! Join us again in the future.
jimmy
November 13, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Originally Posted By: Clay
I didn't question why you asked - I asked why should someone post if they didn't have anything to say?

Well Clay there's quite a few of us here that never let that get in the way i find in fact that once the saying starts it doesn't really matter because having nothing to say is just like not saying anything only not as much fun for all teh lurkers out there who make anonymouse complaintes on the annual readers survey but never have anything to say say did someone say anything if there's nothing to read?
fishnski
November 13, 2009
3,530 posts
I'm friggin..Speachless..stay tuned!
jimmy
November 13, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
really though there is a difference between not having anything to say and saying nothing just like the difference between skiing teh grommers all the time or goofing off under the lift and when hell freezes over we'll ski there too
fishnski
November 13, 2009
3,530 posts
I got a problem with folks cutting down Groomers..With all due respect Jimmi...The Down hill racers do it on groomed...you all afraid of speed?

PS..Yes..I'm a little nervous on Bumps blush
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 13, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
MephitBlue,
Thanks for the info about yourself...I have the same "wife does not ski" situation. Maybe we can get out a time or two together. You should be aware that I am a senior, but JimK can vouch for me.
Looking forward to skiing with you somewhere,
The Colonel smile
MephitBlue
November 14, 2009
Member since 11/8/2009 🔗
181 posts
Originally Posted By: The Colonel
MephitBlue,
Thanks for the info about yourself...I have the same "wife does not ski" situation. Maybe we can get out a time or two together. You should be aware that I am a senior, but JimK can vouch for me.
Looking forward to skiing with you somewhere,
The Colonel smile

Hitting the slopes together a time or two sounds good Colonel. Finding some people to ski with is one the main reasons I joined the forum.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 14, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,041 posts
zooman not only joined the site but he has joined us at the Blue Knob get together the last 2 seasons. We'll be getting together again the weekend after Presidents. I'm just waiting for JimK to make the formal announcement. Look for a new thread soon.
zooman
November 15, 2009
Member since 01/21/2008 🔗
24 posts
I too have a non skiing wife and that`s kind of a double edged sword.I`ll be looking for someone to ski with on a weekday and I`m willing to travel out of the Western Pa. area.You guys can keep me in mind. Gerard

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.