Skiers Edge
5 posts
5 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 8, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Each time I receive a sales brochure on this exercise device I think how it appears to truly be designed with the skier in mind...but the price always scares me.
Anybody have any experience with the Skiers Edge machine?
Does it work?
The Colonel smile
b2otto2
October 10, 2009
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
I have a ski buddy that has one that sits out side his office in the warehouse, he has had it for over 5 years, its been collecting dust as he has went to riding his bicycle to work. I have used it several time, it does give you a workout, its basically a slide mechanism connected to some very large rubber bands. I would think you would get the same or better ski workout with a trikke http://www.trikke.com
brad
Jim
October 12, 2009
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Ditto - buddy of mine also has one. Its a glorified clothes rack (like most exercise machines at home!). It does work and it will give you a work out of ski related muscles, but so will rollerblading, bicycling, etc.
Otto
October 15, 2009
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
The only thing that really gets you in shape for skiing is skiing. I don't see the point of this device and IMHO it encourages counterproductive movement patterns. Rollerblading would be much better for you if you can do it without eating a lot of asphalt...
JohnL
October 15, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
IMHO it encourages counterproductive movement patterns

Interesting. What movement patterns in particular?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?