I bought this the other night on Tramdock.
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
scootertig
August 11, 2009
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/SWI0017/Swix-Economy-Wax-Iron.html

I got it for cheaper, which was good. It's my first equipment purchase of the 2009-2010 season. (And it is replacing my 12-year old travel (clothes) iron with the broken handle... I don't think this new one will fall apart when I try to move it which, while less exciting, is probably a good thing.)

Anyone else gearing up?

aaron
comprex
August 11, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
I'm convinced that all those are actually the same design, marketed under
Swix

Wintersteiger

Dakine

SKS

Maplus

Toko

Bakoda

and a dozen others I've missed.

comprex
August 11, 2009
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
That said, there is a model A and a model A v.2 (Toko/Maplus/Wintersteiger), which (v.2) is the one I prefer and which has the most obvious advantages over arrowhead-shaped clothes irons, namely the baseplate shape doesn't actually push wax off the ski as the iron travels along the ski.
David
August 11, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: comprex
I'm convinced that all those are actually the same design,

Yeah, probably just some small company in Switzerland that makes irons and sells them cheap to everyone.

I've always kind of had that theory with Canadian bottled water. What's so special about the water up there?? Everyone knows there is a family sitting at their kitchen sink all day just bottling tap water and selling as some special product..
jimmy
August 11, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Ya aaron i picked up
this jacket and these pants last April. Got a pretty good deal but I need to stay off tramdock. Buyers Guides out yet?
fishnski
August 11, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
[quote=David
I've always kind of had that theory with Canadian bottled water. What's so special about the water up there?? Everyone knows there is a family sitting at their kitchen sink all day just bottling tap water and selling as some special product.. [/quote]

Just like when you call a 900# David & when you think you have a Hottie on the other line you just have a heavy Lady holding a baby while using one of those Irons laugh....
....I once saw a Water bottle Truck on NY ave in DC filling up empty bottles at a fire Hydrant....

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?