New BUILDING in Timberline
11 posts
6 users
3k+ views
TGV
June 12, 2009
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
Timberline Race Team gets a brand new building.
Totally psyched, slopeside, big, good looking, convenient... you get the picture... but just in case, check out the FIRST WALL being put up: www.visitcanaan.com
(photo scrolling on the home page)

So now... who else is psyched?
kwillg6
June 12, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Excellent. Back in the day when my son was active (mid 90s) we had discussed doing this as well as the possibility of cutting a dedicated race course slope paid for by the ski/race team between WL and the Drop. It would have been open to the public at times when there were'nt races and training. Maybe the C/T parents associated with the race team will explore that dream in the future.
SCWVA
June 12, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Originally Posted By: kwillg6
Excellent. Back in the day when my son was active (mid 90s) we had discussed doing this as well as the possibility of cutting a dedicated race course slope paid for by the ski/race team between WL and the Drop. It would have been open to the public at times when there were'nt races and training. Maybe the C/T parents associated with the race team will explore that dream in the future.

Why not run the slalom races through the trees. Wouldn't have to worry about resetting gates if they were trees. smile

First the trees on Silver Streak and now the woods between The Drop & WL? WTF!

Ski Racers = Tree haters wink

Why not clear the trees in the Cherry Bowl, then we can have bowl skiing like the backside of Vail.
David
June 12, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Quote:
SCWVA
Why not clear the trees in the Cherry Bowl, then we can have bowl skiing like the backside of Vail.

I think Doc considered that a few years back. I the big issue that kept him from doing it was avy control. He would have been forced to buy some Forest Service land to mount avy cannons.

It wouldn't surpise me if they did do some logging in Cherry Bowl though just to bring in some dough from the timber.....
jimmy
June 13, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Lack of avi cannons is the reason the back bowls were open so late in the day so they need guns back there before they bother with clearing cherry bowl.

So Vic where are they building this ?? building?
JohnL
June 16, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Quote:
I think Doc considered that a few years back. I the big issue that kept him from doing it was avy control. He would have been forced to buy some Forest Service land to mount avy cannons.

Nah. Just some well placed Cherry Bombs in Cherry Bowl, and problem solved. Last year, mudslides were more of a problem in there.
kwillg6
June 17, 2009
2,066 posts
Nah. Just some well placed Cherry Bombs in Cherry Bowl, and problem solved. Last year, mudslides were more of a problem in there.

Just remember, though... what was the only ski area south of NE open in April? We all poke fun at Doc and the rest at t-line, but the quality and duration of product there is unparalled in the mid-atlantic. Ask anybody who made turns closing weekend.
David
June 17, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Happy Birthday Kim!!! What are you now, 29????
kwillg6
June 17, 2009
2,066 posts
Originally Posted By: David
Happy Birthday Kim!!! What are you now, 29????

Aw man.... you guess so good! (thanks David) wink
actually I'm Heinz 2-day.... whistle
jimmy
June 17, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Kim happy birthday. I will drink a Peroni in your honor tonite.
TGV
July 26, 2009
Member since 11/13/2008 🔗
337 posts
The new building is looking better by the minute.
Here's the latest: home page of www.visitcanaan.com
Many thanks to the crew and of course: the PARENTS that made this happen.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.