Something to do when it's no longer ski season....
10 posts
4 users
2k+ views
David
April 15, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
So, there's nothing open around here to ski. It's dumping in Utah but sunny and warm here. What better things are there to do? How about some disc golf?

I started playing disc golf last summer. I didn't really think it would be much fun, as I'm not a golfer. Boy was I wrong! This game is a blast. It makes for a great time, while spending time outside in some beautiful areas and even getting in some exercise (not to mention the occasional poison ivy). None of my friends or I take it very seriously, we just play with a driver and no other discs. We always keep score, and I almost always win!! (They hate me..)

If you haven't played disc golf before, I'd highly recommend that you find a nearby course and give it a shot. Just be ready to have a sore throwing arm the next day!! smile smile

Here are some shots of my friends and I from this past weekend.

Putting

Driving uphill

I didn't hit a single tree on this hole. Believe that? (That isn't me)

Nice drive

My weapon of choice. "The Wraith"

I'm getting ready to go DEEP

After the launch

That shot landed like this

Look at the form

I WIN!
Ullr
April 16, 2009
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
I just started a few weeks ago. There are two courses down the road from work and about 6 of us have been going during lunch. Just a way to get out of the office, but it sure is a lot of fun!
SCWVA
April 22, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
David,

I've played before. Lots of fun, but didn't you buy a mtn. bike? Need to start spinning. Frisbee golf won't do much for your skiing.
David
April 22, 2009
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA
David,

I've played before. Lots of fun, but didn't you buy a mtn. bike? Need to start spinning. Frisbee golf won't do much for your skiing.

Been doing some of that too. Just harder to take pictures cuz I'm almost always by myself....
SCWVA
May 1, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Where have you been riding? Know of any place good to ride around Morgantown? Maybe we can meet up for a ride.
David
May 6, 2009
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA
Where have you been riding? Know of any place good to ride around Morgantown? Maybe we can meet up for a ride.

Cooper's Rock has some good riding. It is about 15 mins outside of Motown on I68. There is also some really (so I hear) good riding at Big Bear Lake in Preston County, not too far off 68. Probably 30 mins from Motown.
David
May 6, 2009
2,444 posts
Another fun thing to do when it's no longer ski season:

Present Research!!
fishnski
May 6, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Geecky nerd...wheres your thick specks boy?!!
fishnski
May 6, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
The silence is DEAFining...Ok..I was only joking...Geeezee..
David
May 6, 2009
2,444 posts
Well, I left my pop bottle specks at home. I opted for the 1/4" contacts that day. Looked more professional!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.