Banff - oh yea!
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
SteveC
March 30, 2009
Member since 10/24/2005 🔗
145 posts
I got picked to go to Calgary for a meeting on the 24th so my wife and I went out a few days early (thanks to the in-laws for taking care of the Boyz!) and skied Lake Louise (Sat, Sun) and Sunshine (Monday).

This is only my second trip out west (first was to Santa Fe and Taos) and only my fifth year skiing. Let me just say it was awesome!! The Powder Bowls on the backside of LL were unbelievable and acres of "ski-anywhere-ness" at Sunshine were incredible.

Banff is a wonderful town to base a ski trip in. Meals are expensive except for the Elk and Oarsman (ate there three nights it was sooo good and reasonable).

Snow coverage is a bit thin this year and LL left its mark on my bases. Don't know offhand how to post pictures and a little too busy to figure out how. However, time permitting, I'll try to get some up.
David
March 30, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Sweet!!
scootertig
March 30, 2009
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
I'm jealous... I spent a night in Banff a few years ago on my way to Jasper (a trip that should be on the "must-do" list of anyone who even remotely appreciates the outdoors), and I swore that I'd get back there someday in the winter...

Gotta get the pix up!

aaron
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?