jimmy made me do it............
10 posts
7 users
1k+ views
SCWVA
March 13, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Knowing jimmy and I cross paths on Thursday afternoons, I gave him a call. He was in Oakland on his way to Tline and I was on my way to WISP to pick up daughter's jacket she had left there a few weeks back. He says to me "if you're going to be at WISP, you should go skiing". Normally I don't need an excuse, but I was feeling a little guilty as I had skied 7S on Wednesday and WT on Monday and needed to get home. The guilt quickly faded away as I headed for the lift. I did a bunch of laps and then decided to head home shortly after dark. When I got to Rt.219, I again hear jimmy's voice "you should come to the Valley and ski Tline with me on Friday, its only 30 miles down the road". Hmmm...should I take a left (home) or a right (Tline) on Rt.219? After much debate, I over come jimmy's (bad?) influence and head home.

On the way home, I called my wife and told her I got the jacket and that I decided to ski for a while. There was an uneasy silence, the silence was only broken when I said "jimmy made me do it". smile

kwillg6
March 13, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Yeah...., those little voices...Jimmy's, JohnL's, David's... the kind that make you do things which will have u sleeping on the couch if u r not careful... shocked
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
March 13, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
You poor guys, my wife skis. She would make me sleep on the couch because I left her out of the fun. grin
David
March 13, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Hey, I've used that one too. My fiance doesn't really buy it though. I think because she hasn't met him yet (like that would help her understand right?).

I must say that this time I am proud of myself. I got a similar call from Jimmy yesterday, although he was just seeing what was up and if I was going to be in the Valley this weekend.

It looks like I'm not going to be able to cave and go because my dad's basketball just won the state semi-finals about 5 minutes ago. Looks like I am driving to Charleston tomorrow...
fishnski
March 13, 2009
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
It looks like I'm not going to be able to cave and go.... because my dad's basketball just won the state semi-finals about 5 minutes ago............ Looks like I am driving to Charleston tomorrow...

WOW!!..Thats one hell of a basketball laugh
David
March 13, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: fishnski
It looks like I'm not going to be able to cave and go.... because my dad's basketball just won the state semi-finals about 5 minutes ago............ Looks like I am driving to Charleston tomorrow...

WOW!!..Thats one hell of a basketball laugh

Hey now! Easy on me. I'm trying to do 15 things at once. Besides, don't you remember. I'm starting to get old....

That would be my Dad's basketball TEAM!!
jimmy
March 15, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Ha You should've told Mrs. SCW that you resisted my temptations to ski Tline friday and instead, returned to her, the hero laugh . Friday had pretty sweet conditions, snow was soft but not slushy and it was colder than i expected. Had to leave for home at noon yesterday, but tline had a good crowd Saturday, not a big crowd, no lift lines but a nice someone in almost every chair type crowd. Redman was even there, slumming i guess.
SCWVA
March 16, 2009
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
LHC - The main reason there was an uneasy silence is, that after skiing Monday with the family at WT, Mtn. biking on Tuesday, skiing at 7S on Wednesday and WISP on Thursday, I think she thought I had played enough this week, and needed to get home to help with the kids.

jimmy - Didn't bring up going to Tline (until I got home). Figured I'd quit while I was ahead.

Red should be slumming again this weekend.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
March 16, 2009
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Well, I guess you've got to find a balance so don't be surprised when it's your turn in the family tank. The play time must be spread around if it can't be shared. I must admit, I get more then my share of play time. I'm a lucky guy to have such a tolerant wife.
Redman
March 16, 2009
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
106 posts
Slumdog Snowboarder rises from the depths of dirty boilerplate at the rapidly melting Canaan to score killer corn at 100% Tline. Sweet Saturday...(:^O)>>>

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?