Wintergreen = Winterbliss
8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 2, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
SO GOOD AT WINTERGREEN TODAY I HAVE TO POST THIS TWICE!!
Just returned from a couple of days at Wintergreen. Arrived Sat early evening, skied on Sunday with my son and grandkids...had a blast, unfortunately miss meeting up with GRK. Sat. evening it snowed and sleeted a couple of inches. Sunday afternoon the wind picked up and the snow started flying. Stayed over instead of returning home in the blizzard. Monday morning about 12' of new powder. My son said it was "Utah" conditions on the Highlands slopes when the ropes dropped. He made first tracks! By the time I got out, things were tracked up, but the piles of snow were soft despite have a mogul appearance. Yes, it was cold. When we left at 1:45 the temp was UP to 21, but in the March sun it felt warm. Saw one guy come into Checkerberry Cabin to rest. When he took off his coat it looked like he was on fire there was so much steam coming off his clother. I'll try to post pics later. All in all, a very satisfying birthday!! JimK, maybe you are on to something, where ever I go it snows!
The Colonel smile
RodSmith
March 2, 2009
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Happy Birthday, Colonel! Sounds like a great day. I skied the East Coast Bike Trail today. Well, a very short part of it.
David
March 2, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Happy Birthday Colonel!! What are you now? 35??
MichaelME
March 2, 2009
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
32 posts
Originally Posted By: David
Happy Birthday Colonel!! What are you now? 35??

Guess that wasn't you talking about the steaming guy at the Cracker coffee shop. He looked about 60.

Happy B'day
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 2, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Today I turned the BIG "68"!
The Colonel smile
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 2, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
And I thought my son and I had a good day at Massanutten today on about 7" new. The COL and Michael get 10" and a birthday cake too!!
GRK
March 2, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Happy birthday Colonel!

Sorry we could not get together. When we went back out after eating at around 4pm Sunday...it was like a different place. The snow was coming down so fast we had about 3 inches of fluff by the time we left. We hung out on big Acorn with a small crowd of very happy people until about 6pm. I can only imagine what it was like in the morning.

GRK
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 3, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
928 posts

glad you took my advice. grin i am taking full credit.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?