Many DCSkiers Sliding This Weekend
7 posts
6 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
In another thread over 40 DCSkiers have indicated (probably more when entire family is counted) they are sliding somewhere this weekend. DCSki power...if 50 folks take a snow break this weekend that equals over $2500 in lift tickets alone. Quite an economic impact when we add in travel costs, lodging, meals, etc.
DCSki...the voice of the Mid-Atlantic slider.
Let's have lots of trip reports early next week!
The Colonel smile
MichaelME
January 30, 2009
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
32 posts
I'm confused, is this the summation of the thread with the survey? How'd you change the header? Where did all the threads go?
BushwackerinPA
January 30, 2009
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
many of those people are mountain employe who dont pay to ski but instead generate revune at the local resort.
Clay
January 31, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
...and season pass holders who (while generating some revenue) can't be counted as full fair.

But even so, having 40 people from the board out skiing this weekend attests to the fact that DCSkiers actual SKI and don't just talk about it.
David
February 2, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: BushwackerinPA
many of those people are mountain employe who dont pay to ski but instead generate revune at the local resort.

Yeah, what he said. I spent the weekend creating life long skiers!! grin grin (Customers too!!)
kwillg6
February 2, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Didn't see either of you guys this weekend. I must have been too busy "makin skiers" and n-joying the great conditions. Looks like we will miss the "big daddy" this week. Maybe we can see a repeat of the president's day storm from a few years ago. FYI, Clay, there is another instructor with brighter green boots than mine. grin
Clay
February 2, 2009
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I think I saw him! I guess I will stop have to hassling you about having the brightest green boots I've ever seen frown

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.