Colorado photo essay
9 posts
7 users
2k+ views
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 29, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
ok, I felt bad that Craig posted Alta videos and I had nothing to show for Colorado the same week, so here is the condensed version....

Day1: Ski Cooper. Nice views...

... pleasant terrain ...

...with a a cat ski operation on chicago ridge in the distance...

Day2: Breck. bluebird special. chair 6 is some of my favorite terrain - path to quandry and wayback, #1 son leading the way...

...view from the top...

... and then Imperial bowl...

... which is pretty good...

Day 3: Loveland. More bluebird, warm and sunny at 13K feet. Snow is thin crust over marshmallows. Up on the ridge...

... all the way around the basin to some really fun terrain...

Day 4: Breck. ski with kids. #2 daughter learns to turn. lots of fun. afternoon snow showers.

Day 5: Breck. Finally - snow all day! Took it easy in the trees on peak 7 and ore bucket, and then all afternoon with all three kids on the blues of peak 8. Pictures absent as the camera was suffering from moisture invasion and I was having way too much fun to stop for yet more family ski photos.

that's all.

GRK
January 29, 2009
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Beautiful stuff thanks for sharing. The only thing better than skiing on a beautiful day is skiing with your children on a beautiful day.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 29, 2009
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Way to go pops! I tell my teenagers: now that you can get yourself up and out for early tracks, the next step to snow rider excellence is helping out to get someone else up and out there with you.
skier219
January 29, 2009
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Very nice, thanks for posting the pics!
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
January 29, 2009
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
What a trip! Thanks for the photos. I've never skied out West...this almost makes me want to go!

And GRK, your comment says it all.

Woody
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Almost makes you want to go????!!!
Beautiful pictures....
The Colonel smile
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2009
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
Almost? I am almost insulted, but not quite. Woody, we just have to get you out west. just think of the children. :-) you know what they say, you might not ever come back :-)

Jim, that's a great thought - hope you don't mind if i start using it.
MarkMascolino
January 31, 2009
Member since 01/18/2007 🔗
32 posts
Great pics...6 Chair at Breck is also one of my favs.
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
February 8, 2009
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
Originally Posted By: pagamony
Almost? I am almost insulted, but not quite. Woody, we just have to get you out west. just think of the children. :-) you know what they say, you might not ever come back :-)

grin
All said tongue-in-cheek, Dave. Born in New England, learned to ski there, now enjoying the mid-A ... it's hard to think about breaking away and heading west. Your photos push me very close to the edge. I know my son will eventually get there to ski. Maybe he'll be the one to bring me out west.

Thanks again,
Woody

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.