Postcards from Zuma
8 posts
7 users
1k+ views
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2008
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
I got really lucky and found a bluebird day at A-basin last week. The new bowl ... is ... the ... schnizzle. Bigger, funner, and more scenic than imaginable.

The top:

The lift and East ridge (I followed the highest traverse to the farthest trees in this image):

East side - fun:

West side - more fun:

West ridge - uphill hike rewards with the biggest lines:

sorry for the overexposed pics - it is really really bright back there.

and btw, there was a wee bit of pow under chair 6 at Breck (my son in form):

More stuff at http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/pagamony/2008_breck/

that's it.
David
January 27, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Nice. Thanks for posting!
tromano
January 27, 2008
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I gotta go there!
skier219
January 27, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Very nice pics Dave -- looks like you guys had a good week. I see you are joining the brain bucket ranks, eh? Was the condo as good as it looked? And what's the story with the crutches in the next to last photo?
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
January 27, 2008
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts
ok, to summarize:
* yes, you do have to get there asap. Zuma is southern exposure and a bit rocky, won't last forever.
* the condo was better than it looked and it was 30s walk to the hot tub and 120s walk to the lift. for real.
* it was a really good week. no big storms, but frequent light showers and the one sunshine day. good town, good vibes all around.
* #1 girl sprained ankle on Monday - skied into a lift tower. Returned to form on Friday.
* #1 boy sprained elbow on Wednesday - double black tiger run at breck. Returned to form on Friday.
* #2 girl can now exit lift solo and will ski in the trees.
* Brain buckets all around - p.c. guilt, but I am getting used to it. Good thing in 30 mph wind at 11,300' as well. \:\)
Bumps
January 28, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Nice pic.s. Glad to hear everyone recovered. Ski lift tower, Ow! Your adventurous kids made me think of an exasperated lady on the slopes this weekend trying to keep up with two 10 year old boys. Apparently they earned a full time chaperone due to tree skiing the day before with one returning without the other and saying they got separated in the woods. Obviously as in your case all ended well.
k_alice
January 31, 2008
Member since 11/22/2005 🔗
92 posts
Wow, too gorgeous! Now I really have to go back!!!

(and now, get back to work.)
Crush
January 31, 2008
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
 Originally Posted By: skier219
.... And what's the story with the crutches in the next to last photo?

heh - yeah more than a little in the back seat ; well ,maybe with experience and practice ....
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?