psa: support those local businesses!
6 posts
4 users
1k+ views
crunchy
December 23, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts

just a public service announcement to remind people to support those local businesses when they are at their favorite ski places this season. I don't mean corporate franchises or those backed by big money. I mean the private businesses that put up with alot of slow times and count on those skiers and other season recreation enthusiasts to stay afloat, because they really do! The tainted fed system certainly isn't gonna bail them out if they have financial trouble, thats for sure.

For example, if you are skiing in canaan, head up to town in Davis where there are some really great shops and lots of places to eat. Its only 10mins up the road, why not?! If you want nightlife, Thomas is only a few minutes further. (live quality music acts at a couple places)

if you got favorites for your favorite ski places wherever, mention em.
David
December 23, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Siriannis in Davis is Da Bomb. I recommend always starting things off with the Glen Plake appetizer. It was pretty dang good. Just be ready to be breathing garlic for about 72 hours afterward.
skier219
December 23, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Originally Posted By: David
Just be ready to be breathing garlic for about 72 hours afterward.

Ah, the timeless art of romance....
jimmy
December 24, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
He's engaged.......
skier219
December 24, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Originally Posted By: jimmy
He's engaged.......

Sounds like he's ready for marriage if he's going to be rocking the garlic breath! laugh
David
January 21, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Just an update:

Timber's on Monday nights for 30 cent wings
Timber's on Saturday night for all you can eat ribs
Muttley's (sp?) in Davis on Thursday nights for $1.10 per ounce steaks (also comes with soup, salad, and veggie)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?