Cupp Run open top to bottom this weekend
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
skimunky
December 2, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
15 posts
Snowshoe's website is claiming that Cupp Run will be open top to bottom this weekend. Wow/Woot!

I might have to convince the little lady that this year's demo days is a must.=)
Abe
December 2, 2008
Member since 11/14/2008 🔗
366 posts
Woohoo! And they are gonna have Knot Bumper and Camp 99 open as well... its nice to see a few more black diamond runs opening up.

I was over there on Saturday and the lift lines at Ball Hooter were so bad I just did laps on the one green run that was open by the Soaring Eagle Express lift.
Ullr
December 2, 2008
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Originally Posted By: Abe
I was over there on Saturday and the lift lines at Ball Hooter were so bad I just did laps on the one green run that was open by the Soaring Eagle Express lift.

I almost got excited till I read that. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting until March again before making the drive out there...................
skier219
December 2, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
You just need to avoid the weekends (especially holiday weekends) or be more strategic about the choice of lifts/times. Ballhooter is especially dependent on planning when skiing on Saturdays.

There's rarely a notable line for the Western Express, even when the slopes look busy. So Cupp ought to be good for the weekend, especially since we're still in early season and the real crowds haven't shown up yet.

The real solution is to ski on weekdays -- all the local resorts are a lot more likeable without the weekend crowds.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
December 2, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Once Silver Creek opens, you can forego Ballhooter and head for Silver Creek after 1100 or so. No lines and plenty of skiing. The Soaring Eagle quad is also under utilized and serves four good trails, so that's another good alternative to Ballhooter.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?