How Did DCSkiers Vote...
25 posts
14 users
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 6, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
No, this is not a political poll, or whatever.
I thought it might be fun for those of us who frequent this site and primarily only know each other by emails to guess how other DCSkiers might have voted.
BUT HERE ARE THE RULES to avoid fights, endless name calling, etc.
1: List a DCSkier by his/her handle, then a comma, and then the name of the person you think they voted for. Nothing more...no explanation, no adjectives or comments...just the straight info shown above.
2. And this might be harder for some of our "must defend honor" members and hotheads. No rebuttal, no complaining, just list as many fellow members as you want, indicate what you think their voting choice to be, and get out.
If a person feels they must indicate how they voted, list their own handle and follow directions.
If you wrote in "SNOW" as your selection...more power to you!
Should be interesting to see who can not hold back and only follow the directions. Maybe we should guess that also. Who will be the first to not follow directions?
The Colonel smile
GRK
November 6, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
This is gonna be interesting...
fishnski
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Snowsmith,Obama
SchlitzenFarten/Ibotta,Obama
David,Obama
Kwill,Obama
Jimmi,McCain
Baywalker,McCain
Roger,McCain
Colonol...McCAIN!!!!!

Scott.....Obama sick cry...DCSKI is tilted to the left...
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts
This subject does not belong on DCSKI.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
GGNagy
November 7, 2008
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts
woody, obama
JimK (Kmiec?), obama

part 2... Me
comprex
November 7, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Originally Posted By: snowsmith
This subject does not belong on DCSKI.

Very true.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Sorry for my late reply... I was busy was Paling around with William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn and forgot to answer you... We were making plans for the nationalization of the ski industry
jimmy
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
HA Lou don't worry bout them you better stay away from Jimmy lest you be found guilty by association.... Palin g, very funny that laugh

edit to add that if Alan Keyes had been on the ballot here i would have voted for him

AGAIN
David
November 7, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Fish, you don't know me as well as you think you do......
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
1,535 posts
Gee, imagine that! Guilt by association?! I was once on the target list on the national human rights blogosphere for what they thought was my robotic support of the current administration during an incident in WV... So it happens on all sides... And I was in my ski place when it happened!
SCWVA
November 7, 2008
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
What no Bob Barr fans out there?

Alan Keyes smile
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
1,535 posts
Originally Posted By: SCWVA
What no Bob Barr fans out there?

Mmm.... I thought the B-1 was being retired smile
fishnski
November 7, 2008
3,530 posts
My bad..Just because you bashed Cheney doesn't mean you were anti McCain..same as Kwill bashing Bush didn't mean the same thing.....I have always admired allan Keyes & would vote for Michael Steele Jimmi...I vote conservative but the candidate requires substance...I'm not swayed by speeches & feel good Hype & I have White pride..Not White guilt!
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 7, 2008
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Related question: how do you feel about celebrities who endorse a political candidate or issue?
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
1,535 posts
Originally Posted By: JimK

Related question: how do you feel about celebrities who endorse a political candidate or issue?

Celebrities don't impress me. They manifest their pleasure in a public manner. It is up to folks to follow their words. Actually, in logic, it falls under the fallacy "argumentum ad vericundiam" - which means "If so and so said it, it must be true" Which may or may not be true. A lot of fallacies in public life come out of that.

Of course, I may agree with some of their points, such as Bono from U2 on the specific subject of third world debt, but that doesnt mean I'll loose sleep over it and get bent out of shape because of that. It just happens that I agree with it.
David
November 7, 2008
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: fishnski
My bad..Just because you bashed Cheney doesn't mean you were anti McCain..

I bash Cheney because I absolutely can't stand the guy. I've despised him for years. And then a while back ago when he made the WV comment he hit the bottom of my list. As for my orientation, unlike many DCSkier's who are either far to the right or left, I like to hang out in the middle. Call me a fence-rider. I think everyone can use a little moderation. If I were to get off of the fence I would land to the right......just not too right! My opinion of McCain? I didn't really care for him. My opinion of Barack? I really didn't care for him.
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Well, it only took a few posts for my fellow DCSkiers to revert to form and not follow the directions. Instead of a simple list of who we think supports whomever, we now have lots of dialogue and fussing. I was a bit surprised as to who first broke with the instructions....especially pleased it was not fishnski...way to go!
If we keep up the words and not follow directions then I believe this poll unfit for DCSki. The original purpose was to guess how our fellow DCSkiers might have voted...so obviously such a poll could only happen on DCSki.
The Colonel smile
Roger Z
November 7, 2008
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Me- Park City
Lou- Whistler
Andy- Mount Porte Crayon
JohnL- Park City?
Crush- Snowbird
Jimmy- T-line
David- Seven Springs?
Laurel Hill Crazie- kind of gives it away in the name
Kwillig- Always struck me as a Lake Tahoe type, not sure why
Colonel- Politics
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Roger...well done!
And this will result in my coming up with a couple of new real polls. The first, which I hope to get out by tomorrow, will ask DCSkiers to indicate where they are planning (or better yet) have made arrangements) to ski this winter. Maybe we can match up several DCSkiers planning to go to any given place to join together. smile
The Colonel smile
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Now we're back on topic but I would peg JohnL as an Alta guy or similar expert terrain.

As for politics here, my guess is more would skew toward conservative but not too many more. If you guys want to know my true political bent, you'll have to get to know me offline and then you'll have to press me a bit to talk.

I believe in political advocacy to get my favorite ski area open and I'm non-partisan. I'll lobby Dems, Repubs or Indies to get Laurel open.
fishnski
November 7, 2008
3,530 posts
You had better give the Rasmussen folks a call Colonol...you are missing your calling!

Well done Roger!...Look at you all gushing with pride...Gag me with a ski pole sick sick...The Colonol likes me better...

Yeh Colonol...Maybe you can hook me up with a couple DCSKIers...you know the ones, & we could have an MLK moment skiing with joined hands down....Off the wall....thats right I'm talking off the wall!

McCain wasn't my 1st choice either David...Time to get back to my Weather Maps!
David
November 7, 2008
2,444 posts
Roger, although I live within 2 or so hours of 7Springs I have never been. That is on my list of places to visit this winter though. Call me old fashion, but I am more of Timberline (or Canaan Valley with 12'' of fresh) kinda guy...
Roger Z
November 8, 2008
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
I forgot Murphy- Winterplace. wink

Haven't been to 7Springs yet David? My bad. Well, I don't guess well at these things.

Nothing makes you wish for a blizzard more than raking leaves. "If only it would start snowing RIGHT NOW and the snow would stay on the ground ALL WINTER I could put this off until April" is an annual refrain this time of year. I have a big ol' oak tree in the back yard, the leaves are ankle deep BEFORE I start raking. I'm in agony, thank goodness there's college football and beer to get me through the night.

Oh yeah, skiing... I thought I might be able to sneak in a trip to Vail this winter, my neighbor said he was going and they had a spare seat. Turns out he was going the same weekend I'll be in PC. Oh well, one trip it is this winter (unless I break down and drive to Wolf Creek in March), better make the most of it!
JohnL
November 8, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
OK, saw this thread in the past day.

I'll try to criticize the posts and not the posters as much as possible...

I agree with Snowsmith and Comprex. This thread does not belong on DCSki. While I'm sure the original intent was well-intentioned, the topic of this thread was a stupid idea and any expectation that it would turn out otherwise was IMHO, naive.

I've skied with many great folks that I've met with posting here on DCSki. I'll definitely keep in touch with those fine folks. But I'm getting pretty tired of seeing this political crap on this website. But it is not my web site and I'm not the only poster.

People can post what they want as long as it's fine with Scott, but frankly for me this site is becoming a buzz kill to a most excellent pastime.

Hope to catch several of you on the slopes.
November 8, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
John,
In retrospect, you are correct, I was naive to think this thread would not degererate into political discourse and opinion vice a sort of fun thing to do. My bad, now all I have to do is figure out a way to kill the thread. Obviously continuing to post reminders about the original intent only keeps the darn thread going.
So folks, please let us allow this thread fade away.
The Colonel smile
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.