Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Former DCSki poster, Catskills posted this on epicski.com

October Pow Skiing
JimK - DCSki Columnist
November 1, 2008
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
Thanks, that was fun, hadn't seen before. Those trails must have been steeper than they looked or else those guys couldn't have moved in that heavy stuff. I did a drive-by of Belleayre last March after skiing nearby Plattekill. Believe that lodge in video is the one at mid-mtn, which allows easy access to snowy upper half of their slopes. Some reports said they got up to 22" in the Catskills on Thursday. Oops, make that 27" at Windham summit
David
November 1, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Awesome video. Sure doesn't look like October skiing to me. Here is another vid from Hunter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huXNBqjYYxo
gizmosnow
November 3, 2008
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Well, for what it's worth, two local (Pittsburgh) weather forecasters just issued their Winter Weather Forecasts for W.PA and the two forecasts were surprisingly similar and very encouraging:

Overall, both predicting below avg. temps and above avg. snowfall.
Both calling for warmer Nov. & March however, significantly colder and snowier Dec. and Feb.
One is calling for a somewhat colder and snowier Jan as well while the other is calling for an early Jan thaw (but then a return to below normal temps and above avg. snowfall).

I'll take it!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.