October 15, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,041 posts
It sounds about right.
JR
October 15, 2008
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
Seven Springs consists of alot of wide open fields where much of their footprint is considered skiable. Snowshoe on the other hand has alot of narrow trails with wide areas of woods that aren't skiable between some trails. To me, Snowshoe seems to ski much bigger but Seven Springs does have decent gladed areas unlike Snowshoe. Most of Seven Springs glade's (especially on the front face) are skiable much of the season since they get blown snow from the snow guns on top of the natural that they get.
pwillysim
October 16, 2008
Member since 09/2/2004 🔗
38 posts
I predominately ski seven springs, but I also ski snowshoe several times a season. The main difference is the length of runs(snowshoe is much longer), and wide openess(which seven springs has). They are both well run facilities and a joy to ski.
kwillg6
October 16, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
Ditto on what everyone is saying. The shoe has more of a "big" mountain feel especially with cupp and shays. I haven't skied the southern bowl expansion yet, but back in the day, there was some good poachable areas there when there was enough cover. At the shoe, you aren't permitted to ski off trail. Inmany cases, you wouldn't want to. But, with good rock skis and at the creek..... whistle

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.