Who is Skiing Where This Memorial Day Weekend?!!!
10 posts
10 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
May 22, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Check out the May 21 photo of the day and ski report from Snowbird

http://www.snowbird.com/ski_board/snowreport.php

Snowbird still open on weekends into June, maybe later. Even Mineral Basin side open in mornings.
Current base at mid mountain is 115 inches; today's forecast:
"Windy. A chance of snow in the morning...then occasional snow in the afternoon. Colder. Accumulation 3 to 6 inches. Highs at 8000 feet (base) in the mid 30s. North winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent."
Enjoy!
The Colonel \:\)
jimboc
May 22, 2008
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
Also came across this - regards to the East....

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080521/NEWS02/805210311/-1/NEWS05

At 5 p.m. Tuesday, 18 inches of snow remained on the ground near the top of Mount Mansfield, Vermont's highest peak. The snow cover includes some of the 3.5 inches of fresh fluff that descended on the mountaintop Monday. More light snow is likely over northern Vermont summits today and Thursday, the National Weather Service in South Burlington said
skier219
May 22, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Yeah, I was looking at the Alta webcams this week. One day, the snow looked real beat and dirty (still with > 100" on the ground) and the next day there was fresh snow in the trees and all over the place. That sure is a sight to see. My new form of amusement is to watch the web cams a couple times a week to see how long the snow lasts as we head into summer.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
May 22, 2008
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I'll be skiing Mt. Washington's summit snowfields with middle grandson Patrick. He is 7, about to turn 8. We'll be using the auto road which we fervently hope will be open to the top.
http://www.mountwashingtonautoroad.com/BlogEntriesInCategory-2.html
Patrick has a very sweet disposition and often does not stand up to his brothers for his rights. When his older brother was 7 I took him on the same trip. So I offered this trip with just Grandpa and Patrick which he happily accepted. The summit snowfields are not scary like Tuckerman or the Great Gulf but they are plenty steep enough to have fun; comparable to the Back Bowls at Vail. The views are spectacular. The Great Gulf, which is longer and comparably steep to Tucks, is also easily accessible from the auto rd.

Last Sat. after a week of business in Denver,I skied Loveland Pass (again) 4 laps hitching rides. On Sun. I skied Arapahoe Basin with a Colo friend. It was the last day for Palavichini with perfect spring corn and huge bumps. The rest of the mtn. will be open until June 8.

I owe you guys some pictures when I get the time and get my act together.
crunchy
May 23, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: skier219
Yeah, I was looking at the Alta webcams this week. One day, the snow looked real beat and dirty (still with > 100" on the ground) and the next day there was fresh snow in the trees and all over the place. That sure is a sight to see. My new form of amusement is to watch the web cams a couple times a week to see how long the snow lasts as we head into summer.

im skiing it vicariously thru my buds pics. said it is a heavy snow tho (obviously.. its late may) but more is on the way

alta 5/22/2008
jimmy
May 23, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
 Originally Posted By: Denis
I'll be skiing Mt. Washington's summit snowfields with middle grandson Patrick. He is 7, about to turn 8. We'll be using the auto road which we fervently hope will be open to the top.

Last Sat. after a week of business in Denver,I skied Loveland Pass (again) 4 laps hitching rides. On Sun. I skied Arapahoe Basin with a Colo friend. It was the last day for Palavichini with perfect spring corn and huge bumps. The rest of the mtn. will be open until June 8.

I owe you guys some pictures when I get the time and get my act together.

Denis sounds to me like your act is perfectly together. Have a good trip and make some turns for me.
tromano
May 23, 2008
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I am going to be at snowbird tomorrow.
David
May 23, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: tromano
I am going to be at snowbird tomorrow.

I envy you. Make a few turns for me....
daysailer1
May 25, 2008
Member since 05/19/2008 🔗
5 posts
I just got back from riding my snowboard all day today at A-Basin. It was wonderful. I'll be going back next Sunday too.
comprex
May 28, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Timberline, Mt. Hood. \:\)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.