Good restaurants near Tline?
16 posts
9 users
3k+ views
Taylormatt
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Where's a good place to eat Sat night near Tline? We're staying right outside the entrance on TLine rd. Good brew selection preferred.
skiTLINE
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
Honestly if you like ribs go to timbers and get the all you can eat ribs for 14.95 on Sat nites. De-fricking-licious. Also theres the new place out on 32 that was Coyotes. Havent been there yet. Down by ski barn.
Taylormatt
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Where is Timbers located? I'm always down for good Q.
kwillg6
February 6, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I agree with Todd about the ribs and they have a good selection of micro brews on tap (try the IPA). Timbers is on the second floor of the lodge and is usually busy on Saturday so you may expect a wait. Tuckers in the Blackwater Center is usually good with a standard menu. Deerfield has a good menu and is a short drive north and turn right on Courtland Road. The Golden Anchor, about 3 miles south on 32 has always been tasty. There's Whitegrass Cafe, but you better get reservations for either the 6 PM or 8 PM. Davis has several really good eateries beginning with Sirianis, the new burrito place has received excellent reviews from locals and regulars. There is a USSA race at t-line this weekend and the eat-out crowds may be greater than usual.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
crunchy
February 6, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
whitegrass cafe! \:\) best food and most laid back atmosphere you will find in the valley. they have the local ipa and stout micros on tap and a wine selection. Look at the buffet menu for saturday... good lord! ....

Sautéed Scallops w/Cherry Tomatoes and Scallions
Pork Loin w/Pomegranate Sauce
Hominy Casserole
Kale w/Caramelized Onions
Artichoke Risotto

(call now for reservations tho since they get booked by the end of the week)
Taylormatt
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
 Originally Posted By: kwillg6
Timbers is on the second floor of the lodge and is usually busy on Saturday so you may expect a wait.

Waiting with micros on tap....not a problem.
Taylormatt
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Reservations isn't going to work with this group. We don't know when we'll be done skiing or drinking after skiing \:\)
yellowsnow
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Don't waste your time at Deerfield...both restaurants are closed due to owner incompetence.

Muttley's in Davis is great for steaks. Also serves the Mountain State Brewing selections.

Sirianni's for pizza in Davis.

Have heard good things about Hellbender's burrito in Davis.

Golden Anchor on 32 South is quite good.

Tucker's on 32 in Blackwater center is good. Ditto on serving Mountain State brews.
jonjon1
February 6, 2008
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
A little off topic, but for you coffee-heads, a new Coffee place opened in Thomas a couple weeks ago -- they serve bagels, etc.

I enjoy it there and they also have wifi.
kwillg6
February 6, 2008
2,066 posts
didn't know that the upstairs at Deerfield had closed. Would love to see Siriani's come back to the valley and since the location is now vacant... just wishful thinking.
yellowsnow
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
kwill,
I wholeheartedly agree with your longing for Sirianni's to return to the Valley. They've been approached many times to occupy the Deerfield location, either upstairs or downstairs. They most recently declined, citing the video poker machines in the lower level as incompatible with their goals. Now that the machines are also closed down, perhaps they'll reconsider; we can only hope.
I bet there's someone on this board that knows the Sirianni owners and has a better inside story...

By the way, would folks please comment on where there are wi-fi hot spots in the Valley available to the public?
crunchy
February 6, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
often forgotten about is the buffet at the CV lodge. huge buffet, but lacking in good brews. (I sometimes go there on weekend mornings for breakfast buffet) Also.... don't forget about the Purple Fiddle in Thomas! eat up and then kick back with some awesome brews to some great live music!
kwillg6
February 6, 2008
2,066 posts
Also is the dining room in the Blackwater Lodge. Everytime I've eaten there the food has been good. Not to hyjack this thread, does anybody know if the sled run is still operating there?
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 6, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
The Canaan Valley Lodge has WiFi, even a computer, in the lobby area, to the far left of the desk as you face it.
The Colonel \:\)
fishnski
February 6, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Thats good to know Colonel..My place is just a few Minutes from the lodge..Might have to sneak over & use it sometime!..Timberline Has got Wireless also I do Believe..Nobody mentions Big Johns & me & betterhalfski Love the Pizza there..Feed the fish off the back deck when the pond isn't frozen..Play the games..Good,fast & a fun atmosphere.
Clay
February 7, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Yes, the Timberline lodge has Wifi. Also, Mountain Top Realty and the general store (both across from Big John's) advertise free Wifi , but I've never tried it.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.