No One talking about 7 Springs?
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
DEF
January 13, 2008
Member since 12/14/2006 🔗
8 posts
I have been lurking on this forum for some time now; especially since Hidden Valley has been on the re-bound. I was wondering if anyone has any insight as to why there hasn't been much discussion about 7 Springs? I have skied at both Hidden valley and 7 springs this season, and with three children 16 to 9 years of age, I find 7 springs a little difficult to keep track of the kids. Other than that I like the mountain, and enjoy the variety and vloume of slopes offered there. I was not wanting to start a bashing thread on 7 springs.........just wondering if any DCski folks have some thoughts as to how they are doing? Snowmaking, Grooming, lifts, customer service, traffic control etc.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 13, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I was at 7Springs the first weekend of Jan. with my son's family including the three grandkids. Found the place in great shape and filed a report in the Locak Resorts Discussion thread on the DCSki forum, Jan 6, call "Mini 7Springs Trip Report". Take a look.
Bottom line, the Tiny Tots Ski School was great and very well run. Thus no real problem keeping track of the kids. Now with the ages of your kids, you will have a problem of keeping track of them both in the lodge and on the slopes. I suggest the Motorola type walkie talkies with a bit of signal distance and multiple channels and subchannels. And you might have set meeting times and places for lunch, snacks, etc. but you will all be spending a lot of time waiting while the various family members underestimate the amount of time it takes to get to the meeting place.
Not sure this helps, GOOD LUCK!
The Colonel \:\)
Crush
January 13, 2008
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
 Originally Posted By: DEF
I have been lurking on this forum for some time

oh well quit doing that ... the 7 is fun b/c there is terra an d firma and drink and snow i lay lots of trenches and they ahve *wine* on the north face eat place . ha ha and u can ski fast and they won't cut ur ticket and also i like grls from pa that have dark wavy hair piled up high and smoke they can go all night the little horny thangs

... so what is the problem !!!!! pa rulz
fishnski
January 13, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Ahhh Crush..we are talking about 7 Springs..not the 7 virgins that you seek after you drink a couple of Suicide shooters at the Bar!..Allah SkiBAR!!....Sorry for the cap Jimmi...
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
I haven't skied there since before x-mas. How's the traffic on the back side with the new Gunnar six. Boulder and Yodeler iced up fast last year with the traffic from the quads and triples. I would imagine that there are a lot more people on the snow now. How are conditions holding up? Has it become a moving slalom course?
SCWVA
January 30, 2008
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I haven't skied 7Springs in a couple of years, but I've always had a great time there.

I almost skied there this past Sunday/Monday, but the prices at the hotel were almost 3 times as much as CVR or Wisp. My wife & I, plus our three oldest kids ended up getting a hotel room at WISP. The room was actually two rooms that had two queen beds and a full murphy bed for $140. The $140 also included two adult lift tickets. 7 Springs was $209, for a room with two queens and no lift tickets.

Believe it or not, 7 Springs was more expensive than Snowshoe. \:o

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.