Cheap Snowshoe lift tickets
25 posts
12 users
32k+ views
doubleplanker
January 6, 2008
Member since 11/18/2006 🔗
4 posts
I'm not sure if these are available at all COSTCO locations but I found a great deal on Snowshoe lift tickets at the Winchester, VA location. The deal is for 2 lift tickets for $90. The tickets are good for the 2007/2008 season with no restrictions. I bought a bunch of tickets for my family to use over the Christmas Holiday which saved us from paying the $70 holiday lift ticket price. The other nice thing is they actually give you the lift ticket at COSTCO instead of a voucher and it becomes active after the first time it gets scanned at one of the lifts.
snowglobe
January 6, 2008
Member since 03/12/2007 🔗
150 posts
I also bought lift tickets from Costco near Pentagon City in Arlington, VA. I find that the costco deal is actually the best deal you can find for weekend lift tickets before March 2nd 2008 only around $50 per one lift ticket! (But you need to pair them when you purchase them) You can purchase this online too from
http://www.costco.com/ search for "snowshoe".

From March 3rd and anytime on the weekday, the AMEX deal is probably a better deal (Buy one get one free)
http://www.snowshoemtn.com/deals/american_express/index.htm

Also, there is a deal about purchasing 4 pack of coke at Kroger in order to receive a free lift ticket that I 've heard about but I can't find any participating Kroger that is on the way from DC area to Snowshoe..

By the way,I didn't find any of the above deals in the bargain tracker section, how do we put them there?
David
January 6, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: snowglobe

Also, there is a deal about purchasing 4 pack of coke at Kroger in order to receive a free lift ticket that I 've heard about but I can't find any participating Kroger that is on the way from DC area to Snowshoe..

I checked the Kroger here in WV and they said that they quit running that deal. I am not sure if that means all Kroger stores stopped or just ours, but I would venture to say all. Hopefully not though. I hate how those deals pop up and you don't find out til they are over. Seems like they should do a better job advertising that one. I guess they are afraid of people stock-piling Coke and selling lift tickets on Ebay...although that doesn't sound like a bad idea...hmmm
Steve
January 6, 2008
Member since 02/15/2006 🔗
160 posts
Snowglobe, Doubleplanker,

Thanks, that may save me over $200 on MLK weekend if they can get them to me in time.

Steve
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
snowglobe
January 7, 2008
150 posts
 Originally Posted By: David

I checked the Kroger here in WV and they said that they quit running that deal. I am not sure if that means all Kroger stores stopped or just ours, but I would venture to say all. Hopefully not though. I hate how those deals pop up and you don't find out til they are over. Seems like they should do a better job advertising that one. I guess they are afraid of people stock-piling Coke and selling lift tickets on Ebay...although that doesn't sound like a bad idea...hmmm

That 's too bad if they quit that.. It seem like some people already put them on ebay already! (Just like the past years)

By the way, another good thing about the costco deal is that you can return the lift tickets if you don't use it, they are returanable to Costco. Also, if anyone want to try the AMEX deal, be sure to print enough coupons from the link above they really asked for 4 coupons when I bought 8 lift tickets last year, this deal coupling with the cheap March lodging price will allow me to to stay 2 nights and ski 2 days there on early March weekend for just around $120 + tax! (if you have a group of say 4 people).
gizmosnow
January 20, 2008
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Thanks for the heads up on the AMEX deal. Hope to use to take my brother-in-law to SS maybe this Friday or next Monday or Tuesday.

But, does anyone know what's up with upper shay?? They list it as closed with no snowmaking?

Brother-in-law is an intermediate and I was figuring he would really enjoy upper shay and be able to make his way down lower cupp.

From those who have been out, think there is a chance for upper shay by end of this week or early next?
skier219
January 20, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Shay's has not opened yet this season, and they have not blown any snow on any part of it yet. Their snow news page indicates that they hope to be at 100% open by early February. Whenever they do start making snow on Shay's figure at least at least 4-5 days of snowmaking for it to open.

A strong intermediate ought to be able to do upper and lower Cupp, so the lack of upper Shay's is not a huge deal (though it would be a bit easier for sure).
SCWVA
January 21, 2008
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts

Alpine Ski shop in Sterling, VA has discount lift tickets for the Shoe. I think they said they were $50/each for weekend day. They also had midweek tickets.
Murphy
January 21, 2008
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
The Kroger in B'burg was still running the deal before Christmas. I haven't checked since. But I've found that the way Snowshoe packages lift tickets and condos together that having just a couple of free lift tickets is almost worthless. The only way to really use them is if you find a cheap rental by owner condo or are day tripping it.

CaptivaSkier
February 12, 2008
Member since 02/12/2008 🔗
2 posts
thanx for the info... i did see the two pack of tickets at costco online for 93.99.... AWESOME!!

question...does this ticket also include the night skiing over at Silver Creek? (freedom ticket)
Are all the lift tickets a freedom ticket?

thanks for th info... will save me a few $

mark in SWFL
skier219
February 12, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Yes, all tickets are freedom tickets and include SS (day) and SC (day/night).
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 12, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome to DCSki...now that we saved you some money, tell us a little about you and your skiing/riding/slope habits.
The Colonel
Steve
February 12, 2008
160 posts
Mark,

I bought 10 tickets thru Cotsco and used them MLK weekend (actually have a couple left). They are not activated until they are scanned. Saved me about $200. The only reason I have leftovers is that two of us went a whole day without being scanned and reused the prior days tickets. Used them from 9:00 AM thru 9:00PM.

Have a great trip.

Steve
David
February 12, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: Steve
The only reason I have leftovers is that two of us went a whole day without being scanned and reused the prior days tickets.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.
CaptivaSkier
February 13, 2008
Member since 02/12/2008 🔗
2 posts
Awesome...Awesome..

Yeah it looks like I will save around $150 for our upcoming trip 2/23 thru 2/27.
Obviously you dont save as much on the Student Lift tickets cause they are already around $50 at the resort. But Adults and weekends are a big discount.

I went ahead and ordered them at Costco online, didnt want to fuss with going to a location on our drive up to Snowsho(already a 15 hour car trip)
This will be our 5th trip to Snowshoe, it usually is our second Ski trip of the year, with the other one going out West.
(Park City area this year...did 5 resorts in 4 ski days...tons and tons of snow)
Thanks for Lift ticket info guys.... every savings helps!!

mark in SWFL
yevgeniy
February 13, 2008
Member since 02/13/2008 🔗
3 posts
Hello all,

Following this discussion I bought some snowshoe tickets, and due to circumstances a 2 day trip to snowshoe turned into a 1 day trip. Any ideas about how to get rid of 2 snowshoe tickets (from costco) that I have left?
David
February 13, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: yevgeniy
Hello all,

Following this discussion I bought some snowshoe tickets, and due to circumstances a 2 day trip to snowshoe turned into a 1 day trip. Any ideas about how to get rid of 2 snowshoe tickets (from costco) that I have left?

Yeah. I'll PM you my address and you can mail them to me!! Ok really, I'd say advertising them around here may do the trick. If not Ebay is always good for stuff like that.
yevgeniy
February 13, 2008
3 posts
Sounds like a good idea, do you know if one can return them to Costco?

But yeah if u PM me Ill be happy to mail them to you for what I paid at Costco.
snowglobe
February 17, 2008
150 posts
Yes, you can return them to Costco, I did it before.
yevgeniy
February 17, 2008
3 posts
Appreciate the info.

BTW if they ever stop selling them online, when I went to the costco in pentagon city there were no signs of them and you had to ask specifically by name, but once I asked them they had a bunch of them.

So I guess if you go to Costco and dont seem them out in the open just ask.
February 17, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
The Costco in Newington has Snowshoe discount lift tickets out in the open($97 for 2, good anytime... along with lift tickets for Wintergreen ($66 weekday for 2, $99 weekend for 2).
The Colonel \:\)
gizmosnow
February 17, 2008
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
The AMEX deal on Snowshoe website is also a good alternative --- 2 fer [the same day so you have to have a ski buddy] and have to pay with AMEX. Not suppose to be good on weekends though. However when I was up there for a SUN-Mon-Tues the ticket-girl (who was miserable about having to deal with a coupon--unfortunately, miserable customer service reps not that uncommon at SS per my experience --- never bothered to read the coupon and gave it to us for SUN as well (I win!!)
universe1
February 18, 2008
Member since 02/18/2008 🔗
1 posts
I would like to buy your Snowshoe tickets. How much do you want for them? How far do you live from Norfolk, VA?
February 18, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome, universe1. An interesting title!
Tell us a bit about yourself, your skiing habits, etc.
Again, Welcome to DCSki!
The Colonel \:\)
PS: We seem to be getting lots of first time posters recently. And I note that many that have ceased being DCSki lurkers seem to have saving money on their agenda.
Steve
February 19, 2008
160 posts
Universe1,

Sent you a pm re 2 tickets.

Steve

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.