2 posts
2 users
1k+ views
luist2401
January 3, 2008
Member since 01/10/2007 🔗
18 posts
Just wanted to introduce myself.

I've been visiting the board and DCSki.com for about a year now and just made my first posting last week regarding our family visit to Timberline (and Wisp) Dec.27-30.

I definitely want to go back to Timberline when they have more terrain open, but don't know if I'll be able to get there again this winter.

I'm 42 and picked up skiing less than 2 years ago, when we went to visit my wife's relatives in Park City, UT, during the kids's Spring Break. Fortunately for me my brother-in-law was a ski instructor out there so he served as my personal instructor for 5 straight days.

I've definitely gotten the ski bug. We went back to PCMR a year ago and will be heading there again in Feb. Before then, our whole family (wife and two boys ages 8 and 6) will be taking a ski devlopment program at Liberty, which begins this Saturday. While I can hold my own on blues, my goal is to become comfortable on black trails.

In March we're going to visit some friends in Vermont and ski at Stratton.

It helps having friends/family with places to stay.

Thanks to all of you for the info I've gained by reading your postings and trip reports.

- Luis
Clay
January 4, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Welcome! Hopefully you will get a chance to get back to the valley when conditions are better.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.