Snowshoe Snow?
9 posts
6 users
1k+ views
PaulR
January 2, 2008
Member since 02/10/2006 🔗
34 posts
My cleaners just cleaned my condo and told me that Snowshoe got about 16" of snow up there today...I can't confirm this myself but I sure wish I was there :).

-Paul
David
January 2, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I will be there tomorrow so hopefully I can confirm that there is atleast 20 inches. Hopefully.....
Clay
January 2, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Here at Timberline it's really hard to tell because of the wind. We got a lot (at least 8) but with all the drifts it's hard to tell for sure. If the wind was the same at the Shoe, you may never know
fishnski
January 2, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I was at the shoe one weekend where the Oficial snow count was 13 inches one night but it looked like only 2 to me...The wind blows it away to secret stashes!..It will snow all night tonight & a good way into tomorrow for both areas...Been a diff kind of storm so far..the Upslope really just started not to long ago. NC areas are getting a good shot from this event..the push went deep south...Ck out the temps in Miami!...
zmre2b
January 2, 2008
Member since 03/8/2006 🔗
5 posts
 Originally Posted By: PaulR
told me that Snowshoe got about 16" of snow up there today...

not even 16 cm. The snowshoe website says 5" over night last night and that seems maybe possible. It started snowing very lightly last night and was still lightly snowing when I left today. It was maybe 5" total then, although it was hard to tell since it was very light snow that was blowing around quite a bit. Cars parked outside overnight had only a light dusting of snow as it all mostly blew off. but the trails were much improved over the last couple days and powder many inches deep was easy to find.
David
January 2, 2008
2,444 posts
I heard the Snow Report on a local radio station a little bit ago and they said that Snowshoe and Canaan Valley each got 1 inch of snow. Yea, you read that right. 1 inch of snow. I thought it was funny too.. \:\) \:\) \:\)
Clay
January 2, 2008
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Maybe in the last hour? I keep going out and shoveling my deck and stoop. It must be that same inch piling up over and over.

David
January 2, 2008
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: Clay
Maybe in the last hour? I keep going out and shoveling my deck and stoop. It must be that same inch piling up over and over.

That is what was funny. They said a total for this storm so far. It baffled me as well....
crunchy
January 2, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
well its snowed much more between 4pm and now than it did all day. sooo light and fluffy.. powder just doesnt get any better than this...unless it is deeper \:\)
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.