You Have To Have A Product to Make Money
7 posts
6 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 31, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I just took a tour of various local ski resort web cams. I note that Seven Springs and WISP have plenty of folks on the slopes and in the lift lines....while Timberline, offering no blue trails and only one black appears to be near empty...assuming the webcam is showing today's view.
No skiers impacts profits which minimizes improvements for next season. A whirlpool to destruction@
The Colonel \:\)
Chad
December 31, 2007
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
i have been watching too. the webcam currently appears to be stuck on saturday. the long distance cam looks good. but a little hard to tell just how crowded it might be.

http://fsvisimages.com/images/photos-large/doso1large.jpg
jimmy
December 31, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Ya Colonel i skied at 7 Springs yesterday. What they had open was quite nice, loose granualr i think i'd call it. Nice and fast not too many turns required . What you observed is probalby also true at Snowshoe, their webcam ;\) is down at the moment. I'd say those three use their investment in snowmaking to it's full potential.
tgd
December 31, 2007
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
 Originally Posted By: Chad
i have been watching too. the webcam currently appears to be stuck on saturday. the long distance cam looks good. but a little hard to tell just how crowded it might be.

http://fsvisimages.com/images/photos-large/doso1large.jpg

We have been at Timberline since Friday. Crowds and lift lines have been non-existent. Lowest turnout I can remember for Christmas-New Years week. The little skiing they had open was quite nice though.
Tom
fishnski
December 31, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
No Further Questions your Honor...I Rest My Case!...As the Defense Lawyer for Timberline..Do you have any Questions Mr. JohnF?.....Stay tuned........PS. Thanks Colonel for pointing that out
jimmy
December 31, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Hey tgd as you said what was open was quite nice and they have 1000' open. It's only december tho, u no given climate change and all, that's not so bad....... We'll see what they can do with the next five days or so, another day and a half and they'd have been sitting pretty at the beginning of the month \:\( .
kwillg6
January 2, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
They gotta use snowmax to do much more.... and they don't have any unless something has changed in the past week or so. \:\( Goes back to what I said on another post.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.