Just got back from Stowe
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
TerpSKI
December 30, 2007
Member since 03/10/2004 🔗
167 posts
Got fresh snow (6" +/-) on Friday & Saturday \:\)

Great coverage for December, but the epic conditions have unfortunately passed. Still great NE skiing.

Good bump skiing on Hayride & Chin Clip, trees are skiing very nicely. Got a little crowded by 12:30 or so, so we skied laps off the double.

Found a great tuning shop in the south village called Edgewise. The guy who runs it (Graham I think) knows his stuff, and it appears that he maintains the gear for most of the racers in the area.

Stayed at Gables Inn, nice place & good breakfast and apres ski goodies.

Had a great time. Heading to T-line next weekend, hopefully the forecast holds up. Looking like it might be a snowy week. (as he knocks on wood)
fishnski
December 30, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Heading to TL Next Weekend?...What, Are you blessed with fortune or something? Snow & Cold all week.......enjoy..some more!
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
December 30, 2007
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Thanks for the update... I'm planning on being there in a month. Hope the weather cooperates...
TerpSKI
December 31, 2007
Member since 03/10/2004 🔗
167 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Heading to TL Next Weekend?...What, Are you blessed with fortune or something? Snow & Cold all week.......enjoy..some more!

I have been getting lucky lately!

Just goes to show you what clean livin can do for you
Reisen
December 31, 2007
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts
Today was abso-freaking-lutely EPIC at Stowe. Blower, blower snow... this is considerably more snow than the last time I was at Breckenridge. We're seriously considering calling in sick to work on Wednesday to extend our stay up here...

Skied Goat, Starr, and a few other pretty difficult slopes. I was really impressed, and the trees were deep. Stowe's definitely my new favorite resort on the East Coast. Thinking we'll ski MRG tomorrow if they got as much snow today as Stowe did.
David
December 31, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Gosh, I now officially hate you....

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?