Blue Knob Update/Specials
12 posts
7 users
4k+ views
bktim
December 7, 2007
Member since 06/14/2006 🔗
32 posts
Blue Knob Ski Resort to Open Friday December 14 \:\)

Blue Knob All Seasons Resort will open for snow sports on Friday, December 14, from 9am-5pm. Blue Knob started making snow on December 2, and received 8 inches of natural snow this week. Blue Knob will be open from 9am-5pm December 14-20, and will initiate night skiing starting December 21.

Opening Day, Friday December 14, will be "Toys-4-Tots" day at Blue Knob. Skiers who bring a toy, with a $10 value, will receive a free lift ticket. The United States Marine Corp will be at Blue Knob to collect the toys.

Miltary appreciation week will be January 3-9. With proper identification all Active Military, Reserve, National Guard, Retired Personnel and dependents will receive 50% off lodging, lift tickets, ski and snowboard rentals, lessons and tubing. This offer is good only for the week of January 3-9.

Blue Knob 6-packs are now on sale for $195. That's a $75 savings off the regular price. That's 6 Lift Tickets good for any 8 hour session any day that we are open for business, including weekends and holiday. Use them 1 at a time or bring 5 friends with you and use all 6. Six-packs are on sale until December 24.

Blue Knob offers Skiing, Cross Country Skiing, Snowboarding and Snow-Tubing. Blue Knob is home to Pennsylvania's Highest Skiable Mountain with 34 slopes, a vertical drop of 1072' and 17 miles of Skiable terrain. The Resort has its own Ski School offering Ski and Snowboard lessons for all levels.

For more information or for skiing or snow-tubing rates contact Blue Knob All Seasons resort at 814-239-5111 or go to http://www.blueknob.com.

Ski Good or Eat Wood,
Tim Lyons
Blue Knob All Seasons Resort
Ullr
December 7, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Thanks for the update Tim. I was at the Ski Chalet sale in Chantilly a few months back and swung by the Blue Knob booth, but you were nowhere to be found!!!! I took several BK Stickers, and am looking forward to another great year at the knob.

FYI, Laurel Hill Crazy is trying to get an Epic Ski trip your way this year.

http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=59193&page=2
bktim
December 10, 2007
32 posts
Hi Ullr,
I worked the Dilly in Chantilly solo this year. It's a long show. I must of been at Lunch or Dinner. I'm sorry I missed you. Don't forget Toys-4-Tots at Blue Knob this Friday from 9am-5pm. Bring an unwrapped toy with a $10 value and receive a free lift ticket. This is a great event. Every kid should get a toy during the holidays. I really want to collect 500 toys this year. So tell your friends. Help get the word out. 500 toys or bust.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BKTim
JohnL
December 10, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Tim,

Extrovert open before Feb 1 this year?????????
Aaron
December 17, 2007
Member since 01/12/2005 🔗
54 posts
Tim - Although I've graduated from HS and moved on my influence on the ski club lasts. They've finally gotten the momentum and I just got an email (still on their list), it looks like you'll be seeing them over president's day weekend.

-Aaron
bktim
December 19, 2007
32 posts
Hi Aaron,
Thanks for all your help with the group. You did a great job getting that ski club started. How's College life treating you? It must be real cool going to USC? I hope you are showing those West Coast skiers how we ski better on the east coast. Thanks again for all your help.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BKTim
bktim
December 19, 2007
32 posts
"Extrovert open before Feb 1 this year?????????"
I'm praying to the snow gods.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BKTim
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 21, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
bktim, are there any lodging deals to be had for a bunch of DCSki and EpicSki bums? I don't know if there's a large demand but a few have expressed interest. What's your requirements for group rates? Dates are Feb 23-24 so lodging for Friday, 22 and Saturday, 23.
bktim
December 21, 2007
32 posts
Hi Laurel Hill Crazie,
I will check with our owner and see what kind of deal I can give to the fine members of DCSki and EpicSki. I won't see him for about a week but I will ask him when I see him.
Ski Good or Eat Wood,
BKTim
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 21, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
As I said, I can't guarantee a large crowd but a few have expressed interest in lodging. If you guys have group rates for lodging that may encourage a few more to stay over. If a bunch arrives and there are empty beds that weekend, I'm sure you could fill them with a last minute deal. I live less then 2 hours away so I'll probably commute.
skier219
December 21, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I might be interested in staying there if we got a good deal. I've always wanted to check out BK.
bawalker
December 22, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Same with me, if I could get a good deal I'd definitely stay and enjoy the slopes.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.