Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
looks like wisp is grooming their bunny slope:

i wonder whats going on on their main slope
tommo
November 28, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
I drove by a couple of hours ago and they were spreading around some of the mounds that they blew last weekend. Squirel Cage, Face, Wisp Trail, etc.. appear about 80% covered - about the same as in the cam shot above. Unfortunately, the weather just isn't quite cold enough yet to open. Right now, it's still about 35, so even tonight may not get as cold as was expected. From the looks of things, they probably need about 48 hours of sub freezing weather to put a surface layer down before they can open. But at least they have the start of a base and, if things get wintery this weekend, they should be in decent shape by the weekend of the 7th for the Opening Celebration.
langleyskier
November 29, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Wisp has now listed on their website that they are going to open on saturday!
langleyskier
November 29, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
wow... looking at their cams it seems hay have literally every gun on the mountain blasting full power! amazing snowmaking capacity
jimboc
November 30, 2007
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
wow - that looks incredible this morning!!!!!
squirrel
November 30, 2007
Member since 11/30/2007 🔗
19 posts
big shouts to my wisp boys! they'll through it down and get the place open. if you really want to make some turns, wait until about 11:00pm and run recon missions from the top. you might have to walk abit to get to the snow just stay stealthy and then ski fast. its also a good to have a buggy at the bottom to pick u up. jager should also be included in this activity.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?