Good shot of snow for the 'Shoe
10 posts
6 users
2k+ views
skier219
November 15, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Looks like 7" at 4800ft, not bad for November...

I would not be surprised if the actual snow amounts exceed the forecast. Too bad there will be another warmup next week :-(

David
November 15, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
There he is!!! Nice to hear from ya! I too figure that Snowshoe is possibly in for a little more snow than forcasted. BTW, I like the graphs. I am just about finished with a BS in Bio, so graph reading has become my forte. Nice graphs are always appreciated...
SCWVA
November 15, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Snowshoe's webpage is calling for 10"+ by tomorrow.

Snowshoe
fishnski
November 15, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Where does SS get that 10 inch figure from? From my limited recoures all I see is a half foot by tomorrow Morn....hope they get a foot!
crunchy
November 15, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
Where does SS get that 10 inch figure from? From my limited recoures all I see is a half foot by tomorrow Morn....hope they get a foot!

elevation baby!

SNOW ADVISORY.

UPSLOPE SNOW WITH ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES IS FORECAST
OVERNIGHT...****WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE FOR ELEVATIONS GREATER THAN 2700.****
David
November 15, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy

elevation baby!

SNOW ADVISORY.

UPSLOPE SNOW WITH ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 4 INCHES IS FORECAST
OVERNIGHT...****WITH HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE FOR ELEVATIONS GREATER THAN 2700.****

Yeah, a lot can happen between 2,700 ft and 4,800 feet. God Bless These WV ALPPS!!!!!

If I didn't have an Organic test tomorrow and did have a good pack I would seriously consider making a trip to 4,848 tomorrow......
skier219
November 15, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am real interested to see how much snow they get, and how it compares to the forecast. My weather tool does take elevation and slope into account, but this is the first ski season I am computing snow amounts and I have no idea how accurate it really is. The location I picked was on the basin side, which tends to collect most of the snow at the Shoe.

I would sure like to get out there tomorrow or Saturday; wish I lived closer to the action! This is exactly the early-turns situation I bought AT gear for, but watch, I will probably be mowing the grass on Saturday instead of skiing!
fishnski
November 16, 2007
3,530 posts
Course its still snowing lightly but SS only got 4 inches overnite(5 for 24 hour amount) with canaan getting 2...I thought things didn't look right for that big dump. Anyway its still great to add to the manmade for opening day...heck they could open today!
jonjon1
November 16, 2007
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
Got about 3 inches here in Davis. I'll have to admit I'm a bit disappointed. First time in a long time the NWS forecast was not exceeded in an upslope event.
fishnski
November 16, 2007
3,530 posts
I'm trying to figure somthing out..Canaan hts Cks in with 2..You in Davis with 3 & whoever that guy is that does the Daily OBS for Canaan Valley cks in with 5...he needs to ck his ruler but the canaan hts guy seems to be getting more conservative with his counts.Your 3 seems about right Jonjon. I think its about time that the NWS starts getting the elevated areas f=casts down a little better....I kept seeing up to 4 with everything I saw("up to 4 inches for the Alpps" on the GW Thread) & figured with all the hype (10 inches for the shoe!)I reluctantly said 6 by fri morn for SS...thats my story & I'm sticking with it!....Think snow for T=Giving!!!......PS..Can we start a pool on snow amount predicts?...winner gets a free lift ticket or somthing.....
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?