Snow on Wed the 21st??
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
bawalker
November 12, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I just happened to see this on MSN's weather. I have no idea who actually provides the weather information, but for the Wardensville/Baker areas, it's showing snow showers with a high in the mid 30's. Where as Accuweather and Weather.com show either partly cloudy or rain showers.

It's already snow showered once this year thus far here in Lost City ... so who thinks that it will or won't snow shower next Wednesday??

Brad
fishnski
November 13, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
This is so far out its kinda stupid but here goes....cold front blasts thru the Alpps wed aft & by 8 pm snow should work down to 3000'...lake effect slowly takes hold & sticks around till fri late morn....sat will have some warmer & wetter air working up from the sw & then the cold air comes back in for sat aft & eve with more snow into sun....& yes you will see a little flurrie/snowshower activity down at your level on thur Baywalker....now I'm going into hiding
comprex
November 13, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski
This is so far out its kinda stupid but here goes....cold front blasts thru the Alpps wed aft & by 8 pm snow should work down to 3000'...lake effect slowly takes hold & sticks around till fri late morn....

Heck, Friday -day- should rock.

Go, fish, go!

Good hands!

Don't choke!

Quote:

sat will have some warmer & wetter air working up from the sw & then the cold air comes back in for sat aft & eve with more snow into sun....&

I'm seeing a clear chance of flurries through Sat. eve.

Quote:
yes you will see a little flurrie/snowshower activity down at your level on thur Baywalker...

Oh, yeah!!!

Quote:

.now I'm going into hiding

Ah, good. Because Sunday night, Monday and Tuesday...
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 13, 2007
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
I just came back from Hawaii, need to get myself reacclimated to the cold... But let it come!
langleyskier
November 13, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
looks like this second half of november is going to be real chilly. everyone (even dc area) has the chance for something during this period. Actually, right now the GFS is showing a fantasy storm for thanksgiving day that would deliver some snow to DC then pummel the NE. Only problem is that there ias about a 10% chance of this verifying right now. But taken as a whole, models are showing a rather chilly mid-late november and i will stand with my previous predictions of most areas being able to open by the first of december (providing they go all out with snowmaking). Snowshoe will be great for thanksgiving with definitely some more natural snow up there and plenty more snowmaking weather. All in all this thanksgiving could be better than last year's christmas
langleyskier
November 14, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
blah... well last night's 18Z run (comes out around 6pm) looked like a promising storm for DC/blue ridge early next week but last night and this morning the models have flopped again and now predict a healthy cold shot for tomorrow that lingers around this weekend but then we switch to a zonal/pacific jet which means an utter lack of reinforcing cold (still cool at times but not at all cold). This is predicted to linger until the week after thanksgiving then the pattern gets interesting again.... to i trust this forecast past this coming Sunday you ask? absolutely not and i do believe that thanksgiving week will have something in store for the east. So i just want to warn anyone checking accuweather's 15 day forecast or weather.com's 10 day outlook.... dont pay any attention to what you see past day 4-5.

Ill let you all know when this changes and our fantasy storm reappears on the maps.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.