It's baaaack!!! GW
26 posts
16 users
8k+ views
myrto
October 5, 2007
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
GLOBAL WARMING!!!! No matter how hard you try and ignore it.
It keeps creepin' back, like a Rush Limbaugh pain killer, it will not be denied
comprex
October 5, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Wasn't there a climate variation of Godwin's Law?
David
October 5, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: comprex

Wasn't there a climate variation of Godwin's Law?

In my opinion Global Warming reminds me a lot of Hitler and Nazi Germany....I'm not sure why, but I figured I would go ahead and make the comparsion now so that long hours aren't wasted getting there....
jimmy
October 5, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
In my opinion a nice subtle hi-jack, not that I would resort to such a tactic :/, is superior in so many ways to the practice of Godwinism; a hijack generally allows the thread or blog to continue, although in a different direction and usually entices new participants. Poetry or a question that has nothing *apparent* to do with the topic at hand are best.........my dad was trolling for walleye with shiners yesterday when he cought a huge muskie, yup the darn thing jumped INTO THE Boat and darn near tore him up before he could get the bat on it .

Speaking of bats,

Do you know why there is no major league baseball teams in nebraska or new mexico????

Because if there was, Pittsburgh would want one too.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
Roger Z
October 5, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
 Quote:
Do you know why there is no major league baseball teams in nebraska or new mexico????

Jimmy, shouldn't the punchline read "Kansas City" instead of Pittsburgh? We had a player who swung at a pitch this year THAT HIT HIM.

But, anyway, Jimmy, you hijack threads more frequently than Giuliani changes wives. Ba-dum-dum.

So... speaking of global warming and baseball, what was up with that swarm of bugs in the Indians game tonight? Did God Divinely Intervene to defeat the Yankees?
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
October 6, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
 Originally Posted By: jimmy

\:D \:o

Well, we do have the Steelers.
jimmy
October 15, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Struggling to stay on topic here, actually you're not so far off blaming GW on the natsees. What's going on here is Earth is a bit off, just like me \:\) , 1.5 degrees off as a matter of fact, earth not me. So the north pole is too close to the sun at the moment, artic ice cap shrinks, but no one wants to talk about the antarctic ice cap GROwEing tho do they?? So what's that got to do with natsees???? nothing, it's the population explosion in asia, the world is off balance due to all the people over there, she's gotten bottom heavy and it's time to relocate some of those pipples farther north to balance things out.
langleyskier
October 15, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
I dont know.... in my opinion the Nazis created illegal immigration which in turn causes global warming. Either that or Al Gore created global warming just after he created the internet so that he would have a fallback position if he lost his bid for president
kwillg6
October 16, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Maybe you both are wrong... I think Al Gore probably created illegal immigration so the Chinese could go north to help even out the planet so it wouldn't be "off" any more. By doing this, he will have solved the GW issue and will win another Nobel Peace Prize so the resorts will have snow and skiers everywhere will rejoice!
jimmy
October 16, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Uh OK so let me get this straight

Ozone al my internet pal
has illegally emigrated to
the north of china to look for
skiers rejoicing.

Meanwhile he was awarded a
Nobel PEACE??? prize for causing
global warming and now they're giving
him another because when he left home
the carbon footprint on his estate shrunk????
David
October 16, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: jimmy
So what's that got to do with natsees???? nothing, it's the population explosion in asia, the world is off balance due to all the people over there, she's gotten bottom heavy and it's time to relocate some of those pipples farther north to balance things out.

I believe your hypothesis has 2 (atleast) major faults:

According to the Law of Conservation of Matter, the large influx of people shouldn't set the Earth of balance. I mean the water, carbon, nitrogen, calcium, ect.. was already there to begin with, it is just now in a different form.

Also, exports from asain countries are so great that maybe their total mass is actually decreasing??

I again revert to the school of thought that the Nazis are eminently responsible for the Global Warming crisis. In fact, I believe at the Yalta conference it was decided that the Nazis would take responsibilty for both WWII and Global Warming....

I ramble.....
fishnski
October 16, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Unfortunatly Al Bore IS an Inconveneint Truth!......
dcmidnight
October 16, 2007
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
 Originally Posted By: fishnski

Now *thats* funny...
SCWVA
October 17, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Because of global warming I decided to go surfing yesterday. No wet suit required yet, damn I love this global warming.
Jeremy
October 17, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
73 posts
So a little story you may/may not find funny.

This spring my wife and two of our friends all took an Alaska cruise. When the ship approached the hubbard glacier we were all in complete awe of the sight. Everyone would yell and snap pictures when it "calved" or sheered off a piece of ice. After awhile of no activity of that type, someone yells out to their friend "Darn it! If I had bought the large SUV we would be seeing more activity!"

haha...I was rolling on the floor.
bawalker
October 17, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
LOLOL Now that's a line I gotta remember \:\)
langleyskier
October 18, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
So a little story you may/may not find funny.

This spring my wife and two of our friends all took an Alaska cruise. When the ship approached the hubbard glacier we were all in complete awe of the sight. Everyone would yell and snap pictures when it "calved" or sheered off a piece of ice. After awhile of no activity of that type, someone yells out to their friend "Darn it! If I had bought the large SUV we would be seeing more activity!"

haha...I was rolling on the floor.

hahahaha.... priceless quote
fishnski
October 20, 2007
3,530 posts
My Fish finder showed a 77 degree water temp today..air temp of 82... my fiancee for life caught a 20 pound redfish + we caught a few 3 to 4 foot sharks...summer lives on!......PS..As of Oct 19th the ocean has frozen over at Barrow,Ak.
Roger Z
October 20, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Hey Andy- where do you get your info for Barrow? All I know is weather.com \:\(
crunchy
October 21, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
...summer lives on!......PS..As of Oct 19th the ocean has frozen over at Barrow,Ak.

and as of the 19th, Alta reports a 25" base and i believe its snowing more as we speak, and the oct 19th "pic of the day" from snowbird. i predict a fresh trip report from tromano in the very near future \:\)

fishnski
October 21, 2007
3,530 posts
Mornin Z!..Just search Barrow sea ice observatory. I don't Know how to paste it & i'm to lazy to figure it out!
Thats a post card perfect pic there Crunch! I'm counting on the elevated areas to not be as affected as much from this warming thing & maybe benefit some in ways...like the valley has lately!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 21, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Maybe they are in shock and awe at the fantastic snow and too busy skiing to report to those of us still in bathing suits!
The Colonel \:\)
jimmy
November 6, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
 Originally Posted By: dcmidnight

Now *thats* funny...

Speaking of inconvenient truths i saw today on today today that the hole in the ozone layer is shrinking, course i'm not sure if that's one of the scientists that owlgore says we're supposed to believe or one of the ones that believes the earth is flat
fishnski
November 6, 2007
3,530 posts
Owlgore?..Now thats a HOOT! funniest thing I heard today...today \:D
yellowsnow
November 6, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
My sources tell me it snowed in Canaan Valley this morning...enough to whiten the ground.
kwillg6
November 7, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Owlgore?..Now thats a HOOT! funniest thing I heard today...today \:D

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.