7 posts
6 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
August 5, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
http://www.elabs7.com/functions/message_...&uid=6d302d88c5
I received the above site reference from Ski Chalet for their annual "Dilly in Chantilly" sale. Since Sun and Ski Sports bought the Ski Chalet the Dilly has been pushed back a month or so. Too bad, by being in August is always sort of jump started the coming ski season.
The Colonel \:\)
comprex
August 5, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Yeah. Their product range has changed as well; I think the top end shoppers might have migrated on to the Patagucci and Helly Hansen shops downtown.

Didn't Alpine@Sterling have a really, really early swap or sumthin', perhaps as a Fagowees club event?
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
August 6, 2007
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
I just experienced a serious disappointment with the stores in the Snowshoe area, and will likely go back to Ski Chalet's sale to see their ski line. For the last 5 years, I've skied the Volkl Supersport line, three pair of Supersports and last year a new pair of AC-4s. Despite being some of the best selling skis in North America, Snowshoe's 4848' has ditched the Volkl brand and the Ski Barn has never carried Volkl. My new pair this year will likely be from Ski Chalet.
appskiah
August 7, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
i know willi's had their big pre-season event pretty early last year. this year its over labor day weekend. i think i still prefer the dilly@chantilly though. thats where i got my volkl 5-stars, which were mysteriously marked down pretty low .
Ullr
September 30, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Did anyone go to this? Jus asking because we have gone for several years and always found really good deals, but yesterday it seemed like 90% of it was this years merchandise discounted 10%. Not a lot of good buys on the 07 stuff.
comprex
September 30, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Not me.

I did duck into Pro-Fit, though. I remember a (well-worn) pair of Pocket Rockets that sold for $100 at the swap and really good prices on HH and Descente gear.

Not trying to do a spamcan impression and I apologize if it seems that way: The low-pressure family vibe and confident skill really appeal to me. (TN)SC Chantilly seems a bit like a warehouse by comparison.
SCWVA
October 1, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
I went by Ski Chalet on Friday and got a pretty good deal on some mid-fats. They also had a lot of clothing that seemed to be discounted quite a bit.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?