What about the 18th in the valley? Who's going?
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
kwillg6
August 1, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Was messaging jimmy and we wonder if any of the folks who lurk here are still planning on doing the weekend of the 18th in the valley. If you are, I will get back to you and let you know the availability of sleeping space in the vicinity unless you already have something. Remember....it's summer beer time!

Hey Clay, how does it feel to be a part of the NW cog? Welcome aboard the board!
RyanC
August 1, 2007
Member since 11/28/2003 🔗
160 posts
I was looking forward to attending a meetup of fellow CV-based DC Skiers on the 18th. But...my father had heart surgery on Monday. Fortunately, everything is okay but I want to stay in Baltimore for the next few weeks while he recovers.

I'll definitely be in the valley for almost a whole week over Labor Day weekend. If any of you are going to be up there that weekend, maybe we can do a mini meetup. It would be great to put faces to the names, since there are so many CVers on this forum.

Have fun on the 18th!!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
August 1, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
fishnski,
How cold was the water? It must have felt freezing when compared to the lowland surf and sound water temps.
Have you thawed out yet?
The Colonel
fishnski
August 2, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Yes I've thawed out & have regained my manhood if you know what I mean!...Thank you very much...83 surf temps here & guessing 68 or 69 at the MT swimmin hole..hard to tell when the air temp was around 77. I'm not used to swimming unless the air temp gets into the 80's
kwillg6
August 6, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Back to the 18th.... maybe a couple pairs of lopers, a hand-saw, and some surveyor's tape for "extra-curricular" activities someplace between silver streak and OTW. I like the lines in there but getting face wacked takes a lot of the fun out of it.
Clay
August 6, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
I am planning on being there. Not sure when I'll get up, but being unemployed has it's advantages I guess.

Clay

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.