Catch of the Day - cool groomer story
4 posts
3 users
2k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 14, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
The president and COO of Mt Hood Meadows in Oregon does a neat communications thing with his "Dave's Blog". Check out this cool story and pics from him on snow groomer machines "dropping in" to extremely steep terrain on Mt. Hood (reminds me of a legendary story when a manager at Blue Knob slid a groomer halfway down Extrovert many years ago):
http://skihood.com/cs/blogs/daveriley/ar...2C00_-2006.aspx

Muy grande cajones.
SCWVA
June 15, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Speaking of Mt. Hood, isn't it about time we got a Mt. Hood TR from Denis? It's that time of year and I could use some stoke.

Denis are you out there?
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
June 18, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
You are absolutely right SCWVA. I've been out of the country - in Greece. It's a tough life sometimes. I just got back from 2 weeks of science meetings in Athens and Volos. Wonderful hospitality in a unique setting but I am glad to be back. The two weeks before that I had science meetings in Denver and Boulder. I 'stole' one day for personal recreation on May 25 and skied Loveland Pass. Parked at the bottom and hitched rides.

I've skied Heather Canyon and it is quite a run. Huge, intimidating, exhilerating. Mt. Hood Meadows is hardcore.

I have a lot of pictures of Greece to unload from the camera, as well as most of a season's worth of ski pics that need to be linked up with trip reports and posted. It was a mistake to buy that 1 GB chip for the camera.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
June 26, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Very coincidentally, Dave Riley, the Mt. Hood Meadows ski area Pres and Blogger who provided above story has just taken a new job as Pres of Telluride. I guess the good ones move on and up.

Details: http://www.firsttracksonline.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=2548

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?