TL 3/17-18. DCSki get together
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 19, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
For some reason I cannot get a REPLY icon on the original thread so I had to start a new one. What a day. Like everyone else in that picture, I look cold, which is because I was cold. After what seemed a long very cold stand-around following the introductions, everybody took off at warp speed, doubtless to warm up. I then had to break off to attend to my duties as a responsible (???) adult working with a group. I missed the PM meeting while taking other responsible adults from our group into the woods. Salamander woods was sublime with exactly the right combination of pitch and powder depth that you could just aim and cruise bewteen the trees with no intimidation factor. I ended the day with 3 runs down Cherry Bowl. Next time I promise to do a better job of hanging with the group.
jimmy
March 19, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
So Denis, does that make you irresponsibly responsible? Good to see you and hey, we did get to ride the chair . Also met SCWVA and Trancas, stopped by at the meet, they were irresponsibly responsible for a couple of kids and couldn't stick around.
SCWVA
March 20, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Quote:

Also met SCWVA and Trancas, stopped by at the meet, they were irresponsibly responsible for a couple of kids and couldn't stick around.

It was good to finally meet a some DCskiers. Sorry I couldn't hang around but I was having a hard time keeping my son and his riding buddies out of the woods. My son's friends actually showed me a kids tree run off of Salamander that was a lot of fun.

I am a very bad influence when it comes to tree skiing. I kept telling them to stay out of the woods and then when they weren't looking, I'd slip into the woods for a few turns. Damn, I'm a hypocrit.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.