The Line
6 posts
5 users
3k+ views
jimmy
March 13, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
No Otto , not TimberLINE, the LINE. We've touched on line selection in the seemingly popular "How to ski XMNCJ" series, but what is the line? how to find the line? is there only one line, or many? Seeing the line is i think the mental part of skiing. In my mind a line is defined by two points but the LINE is not a straight line but linking a series of arcs together . I don't know if this can be discussed i just think that it's an important step in becoming a better skier.
Clay
March 13, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
In my limited experience, I believe you are absolutely correct. Just today (hehehe), I specifically tried to vary the LINE I took down Dew Drop on each successive run. First the slow line, then the fast line etc. Made each run feel like a different hill.

Clay
kwillg6
March 14, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Well, there's a straight line, a curved line, a zig-zag line, a dotted line, a broken line, a tree line, a timber line , a skyline, I walk the line, a line up but no line down, in-line, outline, under line... Ah...then there's the bump line (which I can see, but sometimes bail out of). Racers set an invisible line around the gates, which if followed correctly, will make your time faster, which is hard to do as well. The there is the line you take when just crusing .
Roy
March 15, 2007
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
You left out the most important line - the fall line. Without it, we'd all just be Cross Country Skiing
kwillg6
March 15, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
opps!
ridenski - DCSki Supporter 
March 16, 2007
Member since 04/11/2004 🔗
82 posts
And the line you use at the bar after the lifts close, trying to pick up Boarder Babes.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?