a Wisp TR from last week found on TGR :)
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
crunchy
March 13, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
Some sweet pics from Wisp from last friday. Man, I wish there were some bluebird pics like that from CV last week too. man they look sweet.

http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79733
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 13, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Nice pics. Looks like somewhere off North Camp trails.

I was at Wisp on Sunday 3/11. They got rain the night before, then temps dropped to 32 degs. By morning it was clear and temps quickly rose to about 45 degs during the day. Perfect spring skiing. Crowds light. $30 extended day lift tic. Super clear visibility, had to follow the sun for a few hours as the initial groom was "crunchy". There were pretty big moguls on The Face and some growing under Mainstreet and Squirrel Cage chairlifts. Tons of snow still on most trails. They should survive the midweek heat wave pretty well.

I was at Blue Knob on the day of your TGR Wisp report (3/9). They had similar midwinter packed and loose powder conditions and it was perhaps one of the last fluffy days in BKs glades this season:-(
The snow in the woods was turning into sierra Cement on Saturday, but still that was a fun spring-like day too as reported by wgo (who by the way, I failed to meet up with): http://www.dcski.com/ubbthreads22/showfl...=true#Post33993 .
kennedy
March 13, 2007
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I'm going to have to head to Wisp this summer and ride my mountainbike around. My feeling is that some of the mountainbike trails might lend themselves to being good powder tracks in the winter. Nothing like a little fairweather reconnaisance so when winter comes I am prepared.
crunchy
March 13, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
Craig, you should post some of your pics on that TGR thread
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?