THE POLL: Where Skiing March 2-5?
17 posts
13 users
3k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 28, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Here is this week's poll for DCSkiers to indicate up to two resorts they are planning to ski this weekend.
The Colonel
Elrah
March 1, 2007
Member since 10/18/2005 🔗
29 posts
I wanted to pick Timberline...but to be strictly honest, we're trying to intice a couple to come along with us for a couple of Midweek days AFTER the 5th...more like the 7th or 8th. (God willing we can all arrange babysitting!) Then the 9th through the 11th my eldest daughter and I are attending a Sr. High Youth group trip to Wisp--our very first time there--I'm very much looking forward to it.
ono
March 1, 2007
Member since 01/26/2007 🔗
5 posts
i'd say GO NORTH to VT tonight/tommorrow- 1-2ft expect on a 6ft base. from mad river glen to jay peak area (northern VT will be EPIC- better than most places out west have been this year!!) 6-7ft of snow in 20 days after this weekend!!

anyone heading north thurs or friday (march 1-2) let me know i'll throw down for gas- i have buddies waiting back home ready to ski!

onojmai@hotmail.com
SkiBumMSP
March 1, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Well, I'll give you three good guesses where I'll be this weekend!

Yup, good'ol Massanutten! However, this weekend, I am only going to be there Saturday, as things have come up on Sunday (i.e., one of my friends from out of town is coming through the area). Not only that, but this house is in such a shambles and I just not had the time to really clean out the clutter that built up over the past couple of months (What?!? Spend the weekend cleaning house with all that awesome skiing to be had? I guess you could see where my priorties are ).
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
Bumps
March 1, 2007
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I cheated because I selected the ones I skied yesterday and today. But dang-it I was starting to get embarrassed about not being able to participate in the poll
Ullr
March 2, 2007
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Smugglers Notch on Sunday and Monday, then Okemo on Tues, Weds & Thurs.
Murphy
March 2, 2007
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Quote:

I cheated because I selected the ones I skied yesterday and today. But dang-it I was starting to get embarrassed about not being able to participate in the poll

Don't feel bad. I finally got to vote and now I have to take it back. Snowshoe said my room was no longer available . If they give me a one night stay on Sunday I may go up Sunday Monday.
ndskier
March 2, 2007
Member since 12/11/2003 🔗
56 posts
WHISTLER March 5-10!. Sorry I won't be able to join the party in Dub V this weekend but i'm on to bigger and better things. Forecast for Monday/Tues is calling for Valley Rain but 80-90 cm of snow in the whistler alpine! So stoked you can't even imagine
fishnski
March 2, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Thats 2 to 3 foot!! Enjoy
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 2, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
happy birthday colonel.
JohnL
March 2, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Skipping this weekend. Need to let a tweaked knee and some minor frostbite heal a bit. Saving it up for next weekend.
March 2, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Sorry about the knee and frostbite. Where did you get that, while in Utah? Conditions really must have been fantastic since you delayed you departure at considerable cost and "endured frostbite?".
I am jealous. By the way, did you ride the new Peruvian lift at Snowbird, and use the tunnel to the back bowl? I really want to do this, but it probably will have to wait until next year.
The Colonel
March 2, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Thanks, JohnL!
The Colonel
Buckeye Skier
March 3, 2007
Member since 01/11/2004 🔗
54 posts
Vacation is finally here. One week in Vermont.March 5-9. 5 resorts. Stratton,Stowe,Sugarbush,Burke and Pico.
Ullr
March 4, 2007
532 posts
Quote:

Vacation is finally here. One week in Vermont.March 5-9. 5 resorts. Stratton,Stowe,Sugarbush,Burke and Pico.

Yea, I'm here all week too. Wind chill of -25 all week. Next person who says global warming gets shot...........
SCWVA
March 4, 2007
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Yea, I'm here all week too. Wind chill of -25 all week. Next person who says global warming gets shot...........

I'm here in Vt also. Waterbury to be exact. It's actually pretty warm here. It's been in the 20F's the last couple of days.

I've being Skiing Jay Peak the last two days. Jay got 12-15" from the storm on Friday, so Saturday we got lots of freshies. Today, we got first tracks in 10" we got overnite and it snowed another 3" during the day. Oh, and it's still snowing.

MRG should be sweet tomorrow.
Ullr
March 6, 2007
532 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm here in Vt also. Waterbury to be exact. It's actually pretty warm here. It's been in the 20F's the last couple of days.

I've being Skiing Jay Peak the last two days. Jay got 12-15" from the storm on Friday, so Saturday we got lots of freshies. Today, we got first tracks in 10" we got overnite and it snowed another 3" during the day. Oh, and it's still snowing.

MRG should be sweet tomorrow.

I'm sitting here drinking from the last half gallon of Mountain Ale I bought at the shed on Sunday night!!!!!

If you are still here, you will understand what I am talking about!! Check out the forecast for the next few days. It was brutal today!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.