Mid Week @ Canaan woohoo
10 posts
5 users
1k+ views
Bumps
February 24, 2007
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
My Son's out of school this week and I just reserved us a couple nights at that amazing $35 night rate at canaan.I think I can get lift tickets for $10 as well, but have an email into them to confirm. Going to be there on wed, thur and friday. If the ticket deal is still going, this will be three days of skiing two nights lodging for less than $150 for both me and my son. I may end up doing a half day at tline, but at these prices I couldn't afford not to ski cannan and I haven't ski'd canaan in years so I think it will be fun.
fishnski
February 24, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Good timing weather wise & Money WISE Bumps! get there for the after Ice Backlash Snow!
Bumps
February 25, 2007
538 posts
It looks like the cheap lift tickets are only valid march 22-25th. Oh well the lodging price is still great. I may still hang at CV instead of Tline, not sure yet how I will split the days.
fishnski
February 26, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
A couple of Mondays ago they only charged us $15 each & WV Rocks just talked about the $15 tickets on another thread....Soooooo...In conclusion I think that midweek is 15 for the rest of the season..35th anniversary Special!...PS Leave tomorrow if you can..Weather Word!
wvrocks
February 26, 2007
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
I didn't actually check on that $15 in the other thread... was just going off of what was in the post before mine. Might be a good idea to call ahead and check if they are still running that special.
Bumps
February 28, 2007
538 posts
They Charged regular price for lift ticket, but was well worth it. We came up last night since they were calling for rain thursday and had a wonderful day of skiing. After conquering blues late last year and early this year up north, the groomed blacks were no problem for my son here at canaan. The groomed slopes were great, only a little granular this morning. There were probably less than 10 cars in the lot all day. I had a lot of first tracks today, since we were there at 9am. The few ungroomed drop-offs had a lot of crud. The downside of little traffic. I hit a couple but wasn't much fun, since I had to break through the crud. Anyway we've waxed skis and board tonight and will hit TLINE in AM. My son wants a lesson for terrain park, so we'll do that. It looks like the rain is going to hold off ubtil late afternoon/early evening so we may get another great day. I have to remember sun screen tomorrow. Both my son and I are sporting red faces and big grins.
Bumps
March 1, 2007
538 posts
We did TLINE today and had a great time. we quit around 3-3:30. We had decided to make our last run when the sprinkles started. we finished that run and headed for the truck. I then pulled a bonehead move and pulled off the side of the road to answer a phone call since I only get signals in certain areas up here. I was surprised when I realized the the gravel and ice on the side covered about a three foot ditch. Duh! I got someone to pull us out and only my pride hurt.Both people and truck came out without a scratch. This was surprising since you couldn't see one side of the truck. Multiple people stopped to help. The first gave me a number of a service center and they were there in 10 minutes and 5 minutes later had me out. Others offered to pull me out, but I was afraid we would do more damage. I'm glad I waited since the truck used a raised winch cable combined with me driving to pull it right out. If we pulled it out using a strap, it would have been a lot more likely to slide over. $45 lesson to pay more attention. The skiing was good. packed wet powder on most slopes. My kid continued to improve and got some terrain park lessons. The drop is really piled up. I went down but didn't really have the legs today to attack it so was fairly timid. I hit upper thunder draft early as well and had same issues just not enough in legs today to push through the crud aggresively, so I took it easy. It did look a little looser later in the day. I hit off the wall right before lunch and had a pretty good time on it. I buried a ski and popped it off during a turn on the last drop, but someone was kind enough to grab it after I had made it about half way back up. Oh well, gonna jump in the shower, play a few video games and go get something to eat. Heading home in AM. Glad the weather forecastors were off a day or so!!
Clay
March 1, 2007
Member since 04/11/2006 🔗
555 posts
Don't fell too bad - I've personally seen two trucks in the ditch this year at T-Line and I'm sure there were plenty I didn't see Glad to hear you got out alright.

Clay
skiTLINE
March 1, 2007
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
WOW

Me and the wife Feb 9th weekend were leaving Sunday for home. Drove thru Davs and made right onto 93. I "wanted" to get some pics of my truck with the snow so about a mile down 93 I pulled onto this little side road (on the right).

Drove down and saw where roads were real slick and decided to abort mission of pics. As I was doing a 3 point turn I stared to slide and didnt think anything of it. Next thing I knew I was off the road and into a 4 foot ditch (thought it was a shoulder).

Called our real estate lady at Tline Realty and she gave me numbers for tow company. 45 mins later and 80 bucks (guess Sunday is double time) I was out. While waiting the wife looked at me and said "get out and take your damn pictures"

I feel your pain.
Bumps
March 1, 2007
538 posts
It was my wife who called. It was kind of nice I was able to hang up and tell her I would call her back once I got it all taken care of. BTW not that I hope anyone would need this but here's the number to add to your address book 304-227-4517, Daves service. The fella who stopped had a list of local numbers I think he keep in his Glovebox, seems like a good idea now. Went to the purple fiddle for dinner and to listen to bands. There was only about 5 of us not counting employees and band members. My son faded around 9pm and was about to fall asleep in his chair. I felt bad leaving since we were half the audience, but we never planned on staying the entire evening. All in all a good few days skiing and hanging out.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.